Bucksnort Slab Open or Closed?

Original Post
ROC · · Englewood, CO · Joined Feb 2003 · Points: 165

I'm getting conflicting info about Bucksnort slab being open or closed.  Link on the MP page says closed due to private property.  I've heard that the property adjacent to the slab and on top is on private property but that the slab and climbing itself is open.  Can any locals clarify?

Thanks!

Jay Eggleston · · Denver · Joined Feb 2003 · Points: 14,149

It is on private property but, they let you climb.

nate post · · Silverthorne · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 1,349

Bucksnort Slab is on Private property but as far as I know climbers are allowed. According to J. Haas's south platte climbing guide the property at the top of the slab is owned by different people so it's recommended to rappel off all climbs rather than walking off. I've climbed there a couple times and never had an issue. There are only a few spots to park near the slab so if they are full its best to park down the road and walk to the slab. That being said I've never seen more than a couple people there at a time, and if you go on a week day you will probably have it to yourself. 

ROC · · Englewood, CO · Joined Feb 2003 · Points: 165

Thanks guys! I've been there a few times and never had any issues either but wanted to make sure I wasn't stepping on anyone's toes especially given some of the other access issues in the area.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply