Who wants to see La Sportiva reintroduced the ganda approach shoe

Original Post
Chris Dunn 510 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 0

Who misses their grandas? 

lukeweiss · · St. Johnsbury, VT · Joined Mar 2014 · Points: 0

I put of buying a pair about 3 months before they disappeared, thinking, I'll just get them for next rock season... 

That said, I would love a pair of the mids.

Chris Dunn 510 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 0

I went to sportiva's next best thing, the boulder X. Great show long approaches. Did charlotte dome a few weeks ago, 12 miles without foot fatigue or a hot spot. Just playing in the gym I've managed 5.11-. 

Norm Larson · · Wilson, Wy. · Joined Jan 2008 · Points: 5

Best approach and climb it  shoe ever

I really don't like the Boulder x for climbing. 

I went with five ten's approach pro. More confidence inspiring. 

mpech · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 6

Four resoles on my gandas, they are still going strong!

Daniel McCormick · · San Jose, CA > Bellingham, WA · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 45

From what I understand the mold was broken and they are no more.

Nick Drake · · Newcastle, WA · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 438

Anyone try the scarpa gecko (new version) as a ganda replacement? It seems to be designed along the same vein of an approach shoe that focuses on climbing.......and price point.

Sorden · · inside the Bubble, Colorado · Joined Sep 2003 · Points: 15

Bring back Tradmasters!

rkrum · · Denver, CO · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 15

I want them back... But maybe with a last that is vaguely shaped like a human foot? Rather than a human foot missing the last 2 toes. Their current crop of approach shoes fit me well and the TC pro is my main shoe these days. But holy hell the ganda just did not fit.

Don Ferris · · Eldorado Springs · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 0

I have a pair of Gandas (low tops) I'd be happy to get rid of. Never been resoled and in pretty good shape just never fit my foot right as I have very wide feet. Size 8 or 8.5 I can check if someone is interested. 

adeadhead · · Baltimore, Maryland · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 5

I want another pair of the mix shoe :C

Khoi · · Vancouver, BC · Joined Oct 2009 · Points: 0

I want Five-Ten to bring back the Daescent.   

NorCalNomad · · San Francisco · Joined Oct 2011 · Points: 55
Nick Drake wrote:

Anyone try the scarpa gecko (new version) as a ganda replacement? It seems to be designed along the same vein of an approach shoe that focuses on climbing.......and price point.

Super soft tool.

The TX4 is an amazing climbing and hiking shoe, comfortable but climbs amazingly. But no way is Sportiva going to spend another tens of thousands of dollars to make new molds for an old design. 

slim · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2004 · Points: 930

TX4 is awesome, minus a couple minor issues.  LS needs to get rid of that moronic lacing style that uses another thin lace for the weave (ala the mythos). if/when that breaks it will be a nightmare to deal with.  another problem is the rear heel/clip loop.  mine have been ok, but i know several people who broke these while either wearing them the first time or even just trying them on in the store.

other than these issues that would be really really easy to fix, these shoes are great.

I broke the TX 3 loops in the store. 

They are not well adhesed. 

TBrumme Brumme · · denver, co · Joined Dec 2011 · Points: 145
lukeweiss wrote:

I broke the TX 3 loops in the store. 

They are not well adhesed. 

Me too. Bought online, broke after the first use. Just got an RA# for warranty exchange. 

slim · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2004 · Points: 930

ha ha, well not really :(  

a friend of mine bought some, the loop broke the first time he tried to put them on.  he returned them for another pair, and when he was the store doing a quick 'test' to see if they would break again......

they broke again.  he ended up buying some salewas instead. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply