Climbing partners in Cochamo Valle

Original Post
Jay M · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 65

I was planning a trip to cochamo this winter but my partner just fell through.  I am still thinking about going solo if I cant find a partner.  Does anyone have experience finding partners there in the valley?  My dates for the trip are December 13th to January 13th.  Looking for any advice.

Thanks,
Jay 

climber57 Jones · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 25

Jay I am in the same boat as you are. Hopefully this thread can get some replies. Peace

- Sam

Jonas gr · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 0

Guys I'll be there from late jan through march '18. Also you can go there solo no problem at all, there's always someone hanging out at the campsite. I have the feeling that most climbers go there solo ;)

Chris Farrah · · Sunnyvale, CA · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 0

I have a trip planned to Chile December 16th to January 6th. Doing a trek in Torres del Paine, then was thinking of heading to Cochamo to climb afterwards but don't have a partner. Would ~1 week be enough time to find a partner and do at least one long route? Any of you guys want to partner up?

Loganator · · blue van, on the highway to no · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 240
Jonas gr wrote:

Guys I'll be there from late jan through march '18. Also you can go there solo no problem at all, there's always someone hanging out at the campsite. I have the feeling that most climbers go there solo ;)

I disagree, from my experience most people show up with a partner. That being said, lots can happen and often a party will split up for various reasons. typically there will be at least one person looking for a partner! I'll be there new routing, so if you can't find a partner you can also come scrub a FA with me :)

December is typically very wet, not very many climbers there until early January.

Lots of folks have shown up for one week, only to find rain and mud. I wouldn't go for less than a month.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply