Mount Rainier next 10 days anyone?

Original Post
Bill Kelly · · Lake Tahoe · Joined Jun 2007 · Points: 160

Hi all, 

I'll be in the area soon for a week or so, I am wondering if anyone who attends these boards might be interested in showing a newbie to the area the ins and outs of climbing the standard route.   I'm from Lake Tahoe, and I'm making a pass through the area on my way to Wyoming.   I enjoy rock climbing and bagging peaks.  The last big one I did was Mont Blanc and had a blast.   I'm posting here because, imo, nothing beats having a partner who is experienced in an area and can provide great beta and commentary along the way.  I should have all the necessary equipment.   Flexible too as far as approach style (fast or moderate speed, etc.).   

Thanks, 

Bill Kelly

Cory Luke · · Sauk Rapids, MN · Joined Oct 2010 · Points: 0
  1. Hi Bill,
  2. My partner and I are heading to WA from MN next week for a couple weeks. We wanted to hit Rainier while we were out there, but a friend we were supposed to meet out there backed out at the last minute. We'd like to have a third or fourth in our party, so message me if you'd be interested in joining us. We don't have a lot of mountaineering experience,  but we are both proficient at climbing (sport, trad, ice, multipitch) and backpacking. We plan to get to WA next Friday morning at the earliest.
  3. Thanks, Cory
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply