Moving to Colorado: Looking to Network!

Original Post
Bailey Hoover · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 0

Hey guys!

I'm moving to the Fort Collins area in a couple of weeks and I do not have many climbing connections there. I am from NC and I have spent most of my life among the climbing community here (my dad was a climber, too). I love to trad climb, but I don't have a problem clipping bolts as long as the routes are good quality. I am looking for some potetional climbing partners or a solid group to go and explore with; preferably a person or persons with a bit of experience under their belt.

Let me know if anyone is up for getting out and adventuring... I can't wait to see all that Colorado has to offer!

s.price · · PS,CO · Joined Dec 2010 · Points: 1,038

Enjoy CO! You might want to fill in your profile page when looking for a partner. Seems it would be helpful.

Stich · · Colorado Springs, Colorado · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 1,240

Welcome to Colorado, Bailey! I have a friend in Ft. Collins I can hook you up with and she can in turn introduce you to some locals. Send me a message and I'll make the introductions. 

Andrew Quinlan · · Chicago, Illinois · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 0

Hey! I also just moved to the Fort and looking to climb! I'm from Chicago (land of flat) but I spent a good amount of the past 5 years sport climbing, bouldering, but not too much trad. I'm pretty driven and knowledgeable but lack some experience in the trad area. I'd love to connect and get climbing! I'm also getting started at ascent. Seems pretty sick there with a good atmosphere. I'll be there most weekdays 

John Byrnes · · Fort Collins, CO · Joined Dec 2007 · Points: 251

Bailey,

I'll second the advice to fill-in your profile, i.e. Can you climb weekdays?  Years of experience.   How hard are you looking to climb for trad/sport?  Alpine rock?  Etc.   That way you'll get partners that are a good match.

We now have, since November, a top-quality gym in Ascent Studio and as you'd expect, it's a good way to meet partners (partner board).    Bouldering at Horsetooth usually yields a few partners too.  Just thank God there's no quality climbing up near the Fort.  Otherwise we'd be swarmed with Boulderites.  

Aleks Zebastian · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 0

climbing friend,

what are your strength and weakness as climber?

where would you bee seeing yourself in 5 years time passing?

why would you be liking to climb here?

why shall we climb with you instead of any of the other?

do you prefer the marijuana smoking blunts, the beer, neither, or both?

do you have crushing strength gorilla squeezing skull of smaller animal until skull exploding style? Mighty oak endurance style? Or technical style of dancing prancing antelope?

how refreshed are your forearm at crux?

how bold, difficult, and/or enjoyable are your flash?

do you utilize the deadly atc?

do you utilize the PAS thong?

ha ha, ho ho ho! welcome to CO! may your flash be bold, your heart be free, and your forearm refresh at crux!

all your flash are belong to me

John Lombardi · · Cheyenne, WY · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 163

In the same boat here - just moved to Fort Collins from Wyo. Looking for any partners for Ascent or anything nearby (especially Vedauwoo).

climberish · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 0

Ascent Studios is definitely a good place to meet some folks. FoCo has a good welcoming climbing community. Its also worth checking out the Northern Colorado Climbing Coalition (NCCC).

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply