Broken Foot-need trip ideas

Original Post
a Ball · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 5

Well, I have three weeks off and I had planned to spend two weeks up in the Bugaboos sending the gnar (jk more like dogging 5.10 and aiding 5.11). Anyway, I broke my foot recently on a mellow hike up Sanitas.

So, I'm looking for ideas for cool car camping in Colorado/Wyoming/Utah or nearby that is dog and active girlfriend (but hobbled boyfriend) friendly. I was thinking 11 Mile or maybe somewhere in the San Juans?

i know it's a broad ask but im all ears! I figure some of my fellow desk jockeys have got time to kill on a Tuesday...lets hear it 

Kevinmurray · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 0

It's summer time in the San Juans and the place is full of Texicans, tourists and front rangers. Good luck finding anywhere down here without a crowd.

climberish · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 0

Rifle brahhhh

Alan Bowman · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

Snowy Range WY. 

Thanks for the ideas. Rifle sounds good, most don't even climb there right? just throw wobblers then sit in a van and talk shit?

Any thoughts on the Black Hills/Custer State Park? Ten Sleep? Cool car camp spots and/or swimming holes? Just spitballing here...

Garth Wadsworth · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 0

How mobile are you? Ten Sleep can be pretty relaxed and has plenty of swimming options that could be done with one foot. The brewery is fun. Southern Black Hills has options, wrinkled rock camp ground is surprisingly tame given its proximity to Keystone/Rushmore. Could definitely find some accessible spots to belay (not sure what your partners into)

Cool, thanks Garth. I am moderately mobile...still on crutches but I don't mind hopping around (slowly) if it gets me off the couch. Cheers.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply