Mountain Project Logo

Lost: TWO ropes on the Petit Grepon on Friday, August 4th

Original Post
David Taavialma · · Lakewood, CO · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 0

We had to leave two ropes when descending from The Petit Grepon on Friday, August 4th.

Here's what happened...

My girlfriend and I we're climbing with her 11 year old duaghter, and the climbing was going fine.  We submitted, and began the descent down the rappells.  We completed the rappell just before the final rap down the slabs.  It was beginning to rain a bit, but no big deal, we'd be down soon...wrong

Our first rope got stuck in the rappell.  We're not sure how, because we made sure there wasn't a knot.  Then it started to thunder and lightening, then hail.  We left the first roow, and rapped down on a single 70 meter, which did not reach.  But we were able to swing into the base of the chimney on the regular route.  From there we slung a block and made it down to the last rap station.  However it's still 200 feet to the ground and it was still raining.  So we did a single gle line rap and got the heck out of there.  

So if you're looking for some good climbing karma, I'd love to meet up with you to get our ropes back.

Thank you!

David

303-518-3756

ErikaNW · · Golden, CO · Joined Sep 2010 · Points: 410
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Lost and Found
Post a Reply to "Lost: TWO ropes on the Petit Grepon on Friday,…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started