Mountain Project Logo

Mad River Gorge Dryness

Original Post
Sandbagger Vance · · Cincinnati, Ohio · Joined May 2016 · Points: 0

It rained pretty hard today. Does anyone know how well the Mad River Gorge drys out? I have tried climbing at John Bryant under similar circumstances only to end up wrestling wet walls. Looking to go climbing tomorrow.

Jesse Via · · Oxford, Ohio · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 0

Don't know much about how well it dries but if you're looking for a partner I'd be down to give it a shot

JackB · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 6

It takes a little while to dry out.  If you don't mind damp rock you can still have some fun, but I would try not to get my expectations too high.

Sandbagger Vance · · Cincinnati, Ohio · Joined May 2016 · Points: 0
viajl wrote:

Don't know much about how well it dries but if you're looking for a partner I'd be down to give it a shot

I was driving up from Cinci with a buddy I haven't seen in a while. Thanks for the offer though. 

Walls were dry as they could be. Enjoyable climbing. For being only an hour away from Cinci as opposed to 2 hrs to the Red I was not dissapointed. 

sherb · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 60

Great to hear.  I've never been to the Mad River Gorge but anyone who is going and needs a partner, please PM me.

Also looking for regular gym partners in Cincinnati, preferably weekdays during the day (less busy times).

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply