Easy approach sport and top roping area in yosemite

Original Post
Max McKinnon · · San Jose, CA · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 115

I am taking some friends who don't trad and mostly climb 5.7-5.10 top rope. Is there a place that caters to this (i can lead to set up the top ropes).

I stumbled upon a place coming west out of tuolumne right near the road once. It had all sorts of sport routes on it, pretty fun 5.9 and 5.10 options with pretty chunky holds, nothing slab that i remember. I am unable to locate the area in my books or on mp.

Does anyone know where this is or have other recomendations?

is there a book that only lists tuolumne top ropes (and bolted anchors)?

Andy Novak · · Golden, Co · Joined Aug 2007 · Points: 305

Swan Slab

King Tut · · Citrus Heights · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 420
Max McKinnon wrote:

I am taking some friends who don't trad and mostly climb 5.7-5.10 top rope. Is there a place that caters to this (i can lead to set up the top ropes).

I stumbled upon a place coming west out of tuolumne right near the road once. It had all sorts of sport routes on it, pretty fun 5.9 and 5.10 options with pretty chunky holds, nothing slab that i remember. I am unable to locate the area in my books or on mp.

Does anyone know where this is or have other recomendations?

is there a book that only lists tuolumne top ropes (and bolted anchors)?

Need more details. There's a lot of road "west" of Tuolumne....

GaryT Talavera · · Irvine · Joined Sep 2009 · Points: 0

Take a look at Western Front.  Easy to set up a toprope for all of the routes and close to the road. 

Sirius · · Oakland, CA · Joined Nov 2003 · Points: 580

Could be Low Profile Dome? 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply