Chamonix Alpine Rock and Mixed August

Original Post
Owen Silitch · · Brunswick, ME · Joined May 2016 · Points: 15

Going to be in Chamonix starting the 7th until the 27th of August and am looking for partners to climb some alpine rock and also maybe some bigger mixed objectives if conditions are good. I spent two weeks in Cham this past spring and know the range pretty well but am by no means an expert. In terms of my experience level: I feel comfortable onsighting up to 5b/6a in the mountains but can follow up to 7a/7a+. I also have some big wall and alpine experience (Moonlight Buttress in Zion and the Ham and Eggs Couloir on the Mooses Tooth, Alaska). This past spring some of the favorite routes that I did were Vent Du Dragon, Contamine on Pointes Lachenal, and in general just lots of ski touring throughout the Argentiere Basin. Right now I am pretty psyched to do a bunch of rock routes in the argentiere basin and south face of Aguille du Midi but also am looking to do routes like the Frendo Spur or Kuffner Arete and am very open to anything else. Also for at least a couple of days of the trip I will be going to Zermatt with my sister to try and do the Matterhorn. I will be bringing a full rock and ice rack as well as boots, crampons, two tools and a pair of 60m half ropes with me. Please PM me if anyone is interested in getting out at all or just has any questions! Email is owensilitch@gmail.com

Cheers,
Owen

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply