Gunks partner aug 5th or 6th

Original Post
Nathan Grubbs · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 0

Hi I'm Nathan,

I'm looking for a partner to do some top roping in peterskill August 5th or 6th, or both days! I am newer to climbing, but have learned a lot over the past few months. I have all the basic gear, hence why I'm still doing top rope. But... 

If you're looking for someone who is an excellent belayer, great with anchors, thorough and is laid-back. Hey I'm your man!  Let's climb!!!

Max Johnson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined 25 days ago · Points: 0

Hi Nathan,

I'd be down to join you if you're still looking for a partner? I normally just boulder but have top roped a fair bit a few years back. I don't have gear with me besides shoes (I'm visiting from Scotland at the moment) but could rent a harness I guess.

Cheers,

Max

David Kerkeslager · · Brooklyn, NY · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 30

I'm down, send me a PM. Do you know how to trad lead belay? Would you be down to do some easy following as well?

Nathan Grubbs · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 0

Hey guys! 

Thanks for the replies! Sorry for not getting back to you earlier today. I've been at work all day.  First chance I've had to check my messages all day.

Im going to have to decline the offers. Someone I work with invited me to a day of trad lead training. So I'm excited.  Any chance to build my skill set is always a bonus. 

Enjoy your climbing! Next time I'll have some more skills under my belt. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply