Short film about Crack Addiction

Original Post
Tim C · · Lakewood, CO · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 120

Here is a short film about Gene who is pursuing his passion in life, cracks and Pro!

Andy Rasmussen · · MA · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 25

"Placing pro is an unhealthy coping mechanism". Brilliant

Skye Swoboda-Colberg · · Laramie, Wyoming · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 110

Dude. This is brilliant. Gene could go far with a mentorship.

Tim C: Does Gene have any interest in climbing outside or is this more of an artistic/therapeutic process for him?

I know this could be an elaborate joke, but my gut is telling me he's for real, he's slow and deliberate.

ebmudder · · Bronx, NY · Joined Jul 2011 · Points: 0

you could say he has a fix-ation?

Walter Galli · · Sint Maarten · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 1,096

Keep cracking  man!

Spencer Parkin · · Bountiful · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

Do most climbers consider the protection system as a necessary evil to climbing?  Or do some actually enjoy that part of climbing?

David Kerkeslager · · Brooklyn, NY · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 30

When placing a cam in a horizontal, like under that light pole, you should place with the wider lobes down.

bkozak · · Sterling, VA · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 20
Spencer Parkin wrote:

Do most climbers consider the protection system as a necessary evil to climbing?  Or do some actually enjoy that part of climbing?

If they didn't, then I don't think anyone would have a problem with bolting every single climb, regardless of whether or not you can safely protect it with gear.  So yes, lots of people do enjoy placing protection.  Mastery of any craft gives you satisfaction, and placing gear is no different.

That being said, this video brilliantly pointed out that sometimes the fascination with all of that fancy, shiny gear can make you forget you're supposed to use it for CLIMBING.

Spencer Parkin · · Bountiful · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0
bkozak wrote:

If they didn't, then I don't think anyone would have a problem with bolting every single climb, regardless of whether or not you can safely protect it with gear.  So yes, lots of people do enjoy placing protection.  Mastery of any craft gives you satisfaction, and placing gear is no different.

That being said, this video brilliantly pointed out that sometimes the fascination with all of that fancy, shiny gear can make you forget you're supposed to use it for CLIMBING.

I certainly feel self conscious of owning any price of gear that doesn't look used.  Right now everything I have looks pretty scuffed.  I will need to buy a new metolius cam here soon, though.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply