WTB: Alpine Touring Skins

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post
Huw · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 0

Putting together a used touring setup on a budget and looking for some second hand skins that will fit my 178cm Skitrab Freedom 90 skis.

Anyone have any well looked after skins they'd consider parting with? 

cheers :)

Gunkiemike · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 2,740

Is 90 the waist width?

Nick Young · · Spokane, WA · Joined May 2015 · Points: 215

I have a pair of G3 Alpinist skins cut for BD Amperage skis, at 115 underfoot. My skis have front and rear rocker and camber, but are 175cm. They're up for sale for $50, only a season old.

Gunkiemike wrote:

Is 90 the waist width?

Yeah, they're marked 178 long, 90 wide although haven't measured them myself!

Nick Young wrote:

I have a pair of G3 Alpinist skins cut for BD Amperage skis, at 115 underfoot. My skis have front and rear rocker and camber, but are 175cm. They're up for sale for $50, only a season old.

So if they're cut to 115, does that mean I would just need to cut them down to 90? Will they be too short at 175? Sorry bit of a noob here so haven't got my head around the fixings and sizings! 

Nick Young · · Spokane, WA · Joined May 2015 · Points: 215

Yeah, they're cut for 115 so you should be able to cut them to 90 no problem. Length shouldn't be an issue - they don't hit the end of my skis - the tail attachment is adjustable!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply