Mountain Project Logo

Updates

john wright · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2018 · Points: 0

The thing is that you have to update the module and the updates have not been installed, that is why the issue is being happened. You can have all the updates related to this from windows modules installer worker high CPU and then try to re-access that. 

Joe Garibay · · Ventura, Ca · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 96

I’ve basically figured it out. I simply just quit using this app. I’ll scroll around occasionally but for the most part I’m done. I’ve lost that loving feeling...

jbak . · · tucson,az · Joined Jan 2006 · Points: 3,452

Ive found that if I go to Manage and select "edit" then a trash barrel appears by the state I downloaded.  If I select the trash barrel, it updates.  Surely a straight-forward UI right ?

Brent Kelly · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2010 · Points: 36

If, like me, you aren't seeing the "update downloaded areas" button below your list of downloaded areas, there is a workaround solution, albeit a bit painful.

Delete the entire app, then reinstall the areas you care about. This seems to provide the most up to date info, even in offline mode. I just did it, and all my areas now say their data is from yesterday (which I assume is the most recent data available for the app.)

A couple small benefits I find with this clunky work-around is that you free up some phone storage, think about what info you actually *need* to prioritize for offline mode, and a reminder that over-relying on any form of guidebook tool, in lieu of your own experience and good judgment, is asking for some trouble.

Side-note: Being able to use the app alone as a single source of info - especially in offline mode - is a nice idea, but if you're local crag has cell signal.... just use your phone's web browser if you're worried about obtaining the most recent (community-sourced, it should be noted) info available.

----------

As for why I'm not seeing a "update areas" trigger button....

Iphone 6s here. Latests iOS, as well, I believe. And I've deleted and reinstalled the app, without resolving the issue. So it does seem like a bug.

I'd be surprised if it was a compatibility issue, but not super-surprised.

-----------

Clicking "manage areas" -> "edit" -> "trash barrel" prompts a quick percentage count on my iphone, but this seems to just be counting how complete the deletion/sync is. Immediately re-downloading the area results in the area downloading again, but doesn't seem to update the "Data from [date]" value (maybe it's pulling old data from the cache? or just not updating this field to reflect the more recent data?)

The "trash barrel" also seems to delete all downloaded photos, too, not just route info. So be forewarned about that element of your "trash barrel" solution and my "reinstall the app" solution, as well.

----

Regardless. Grateful to the developers and mods for making this site and app such an incredibly useful tool. Amazing that it's free to use as well, with minimal advertising.

Nickk Robin · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2019 · Points: 0

I have recently bought a MacBook Pro and faced the USB connection error with my Epson printer on my new MacBook. I have updated the system and expected to be solved, but after it, epson error code 0xf4 has been found. Can anyone solve the error? 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

iPhone & Android App Feedback
Post a Reply to "Updates"