Updates

Original Post
Pete Keane · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2015 · Points: 0

Hi ALL-

My app doesn't seem to be syncing with the info on the website. Is there a way to manually update? Is the website info normally on the app also?

thanks,

pete

John Wilder · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Feb 2004 · Points: 1,500

In the main menu there is an option to update. Pretty sure the app doesn't update automatically. 

Thanks John. I can't seem to find an update button. Where is it?

John Wilder · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Feb 2004 · Points: 1,500

In the gray main menu under installed climbing areas. 

Ryan Marsters · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2011 · Points: 798

Speaking of the app, has anybody had compatibility issues with Droid? Mine never stays on the page I'm looking at. The app always resets to the home page and I have to re-find the area I'm climbing in every time.

Boissal · · Small Lake, UT · Joined Aug 2006 · Points: 1,195
Ryan Marsters wrote:

Speaking of the app, has anybody had compatibility issues with Droid? Mine never stays on the page I'm looking at. The app always resets to the home page and I have to re-find the area I'm climbing in every time.

Same issue, it seems to reset if you navigate away from the app and try to get back in. 90% of the time you're back to square one. Pretty sure it's the shittiest app I run but since it's the only game in town...

Chase Giltner · · Seattle, WA · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

It's pretty crazy how laughably terrible climbing apps are. The mountain project app is probably the worst offender.

I think the difference with climbing apps unlike a new social media platform is that social media doesn't really need content immediately, just users. Climbing apps need a whole helluva lot of data and content first, before users even consider it. Then add in the fact that most rely on users to submit content to drive the app. 

Rakkup is an app that I've used pretty frequently, and comparing the price of a retail guidebook to the rakkup version it's pretty reasonable. The problem again is that guidebook publishers haven't really kept their areas up to date. I've found a handful of really popular walls that have like 3-4 routes in the app, but have 8 routes listed on Mtn Project.

Mtn Project has the advantage since they have the data, userbase, and content updates from the userbase. Problem is, the app's user experience and implementation is garbage.

Caleb Joyce · · Boulder, CO · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 58

A complete Android rewrite is in the works following the iPhone update that released earlier this summer. Chase, if you are referring to the new iPhone app, DM me. I'm all ears.

Chase Giltner · · Seattle, WA · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

Caleb, I'm on android. Glad to hear of the rewrite, I eagerly await the new app! Thanks!

John or anyone- can you show me where the update button is? This is my home screen.

Nick Wilder · · The Bubble · Joined Jan 2005 · Points: 1,731
Pete Keane wrote:

John or anyone- can you show me where the update button is? This is my home screen.

Scroll down.  It's off the screen below the list of areas.

Thanks for the help, but I can't find an update button anywhere here. Help!!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply