Mountain Project Logo

Climbing partners and beta for July thru August!

Original Post
Samuel Jury · · Toccoa Falls, GA · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 0

Been on the road the past six months and now find myself headed into the Dakotas and Montana! Let me know when and where your down to climb! I plan to head into the Black Hills and hope to climb in the Needles and Rushmore. Never been in any of these states before so let me know if you have any advise (even if your not able to meet up) exp on where to camp for free. I am now projecting 12's sport and comfortably lead 10's on gear tho I am down to climb anything! Stoke is high! 

Anyone out there around Bozeman want to get out and climb in the area in a few weeks? 

Will head south thru Wyoming in August and would be down to climb in the Wind's or Vedawoo. Hit me up! 

Dylan Price · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 0

Hey shoot me a text, I'm on an extended  climbing trip right now and climbing at about the same level as you.. headed to Wyoming tomorrow. Will be in the voo wed and Thursday then devils tower fri sat sun mon tue wed or so then to Jackson and I'll be around Wyoming after then probably too. Would love to do some climbs in the wind rivers. Dylan 303 815 45seven5

Journie Evers · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 0

I am headed into South Dakota July 31st. Will be in and around the area would LOVEEE to climb. my itinerary is very similiar to yours. Hit me up! 714.398.55.one.nine

Neil Bodner · · Columbus, Ohio · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 40

Im gonna be heading to devils tower for 4-5 days if your interested. But i spent some time in the needles a month ago. Only climbed in Custer state park area. Conn Diagonal (5.7) is the best route I've ever done and id highly recommend spending time in the cathedral spires. Having a guide book for the area is almost mandatory imo as most of the routes are difficult to find 

Daniel James · · Chicago · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 95

Hey all! I live down in Custer so am always down to climb in the Needles,  both Custer State Park and Rushmore sides of things.  I pm'd you Samuel and texted you Journie.  Anyone else hit me up at 9I4 924978O. I have guidebooks for both areas and plenty of gear, and am typically down to climb evenings Mon-Thu and any time Fri-Sun.

As for general recommendations:  definitely support Conn Diagonal, in the same area you can hit Kamp's/Classic Crack, Sex Never Did This To My Hands, and Cold Feet which are also all amazing routes.  Cerberus/Tricouni Nail is classic Needles climbing including the simulrap.  Needles Eye/Threading the Needle are great routes on an awesome formation that really give you a taste of Custer State Park spice (though if you are here during Sturgis probably best to avoid routes so close to the road).  On the Rushmore side of things Garfield Goes to Washington is a beautiful three pitch adventure as well.  

-Dan

Kristi Brackett · · Longmont, CO · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 170

I'm going to be in WY for a family thing but would be interested in Devils Tower August 18th-20th.

Samuel Jury · · Toccoa Falls, GA · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 0
Kristi Brackett wrote:

I'm going to be in WY for a family thing but would be interested in Devils Tower August 18th-20th.

I spent the other week at Devil's Tower and it was a killer time! You should definitely go but I have now made my way further south into Colorado. Let me know if you make it down this way and want to climb in CO or southern WY! 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply