Mountain Project Logo

FS: Scarpa Summit GTX Mountaineering Boot (Size 44.5 EU / 10.5 US) - $120 shipped OBO

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post
Edek Falkowski · · Buffalo, NY · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 110

Selling a pair of size 44.5 (10.5 US) Scarpa Summit GTX mountaineering boots for $120 shipped. 

They are in excellent shape, they had 4 crampon holes that I filled/sealed with Gear Aid SilNet (see photo). Vibram soles, Gore Tex membrane, solid lacing system. My foot is just slightly too big for the kicking involved in ice climbing.

Here's an REI page with their info: https://www.rei.com/product/748421/scarpa-summit-gtx-mountaineering-boots-mens

Paypal F&F preferred or you pay the fee. 

Crampon holes (filled with SilNet)

bump - ice season is coming!

Joe Ray · · Harmony · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

I wear an 11.  Wonder if they would fit? What size shoe do you wear that these are too small?

I'm an 11 and they fit snug, I want to be able to wear thicker socks 

still available bump

You sure theses are 10.5. I just bought. 44.5 climbing shoe and there an 11.  Lol. 

Are these good for ice climbing?  Rigid enough for kicking?

They're great for ice climbing. Very rigid platform but the ankle has flex for walking. Nice and warm and waterproof. My arches just dropped and I need some more room for kicking. 

They are crampon comparable right?   They have the front toe hook on them?  I can't see in the picture.  Pretty sure I'm gonna buy them 

Yeah they are compatible with crampons that have a metal front toe bail like the Cyborg Pros. Let me know!

Joe, they were sold to me as a 44.5 on MP. I have a wider foot and I normally wear size 11 shoes (my arch must've fallen this summer, had to buy a lot of new shoes). I have bad circulation so I just want to be able to wear thicker socks.

I'll take um.   It will be a few hours until I can get the PayPal set up.   I'll pay you by tonight.   

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply