Hornets nest on thin air. Cathedral ledge

Original Post
joelee · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 0

There is a small hornets nest in the crack at the beginning of the traverse. They're not super aggressive but just a warning in case anyone's allergic 

Christopher Woodall · · Somerville, MA · Joined May 2015 · Points: 13

I recommend putting this as a condition report on the climb. So when people look at the route for beta they can see it there instead of checking the forum

ClimbLikeAGirl · · Keene Valley · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 0

Probably in the same spot as last year.  The stung several people in the parties behind us then... 

John Barritt · · OKC · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 888
Christopher Woodall wrote:

I recommend putting this as a condition report on the climb. So when people look at the route for beta they can see it there instead of checking the forum

I recommend a can of wasp spray....... ;)

grog m aka Greg McKee · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 0

How about a drone??

Firestone · · California · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 449

A drone with wasp spray?

grog m aka Greg McKee · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 0

Haha fly the drone up next to the wasp nest

Christopher Woodall · · Somerville, MA · Joined May 2015 · Points: 13
John Barritt wrote:

I recommend a can of wasp spray....... ;)

Go for it! Found out I get a large local reaction last year on Whitehorse so I am not so keen to go mess with the buggers.

John Barritt · · OKC · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 888
Christopher Woodall wrote:

Go for it! Found out I get a large local reaction last year on Whitehorse so I am not so keen to go mess with the buggers.

The stuff will spray 15 to 20 feet. Just make sure the wind is right........Or you might get a different reaction .. .. ...... ;)

PS if drones are involved I would like to suggest a flame-thrower option......... ;)

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply