What BLM Campground in Moab?

Original Post
Ty Jentzen · · Commerce City · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0

Heading to Moab in a week looking to do some tent camping. Whats the best site to go to???

Buddy Smith · · GA · Joined May 2017 · Points: 40

Mile marker 6 on the river. One of my favorites.

Buddy Smith · · GA · Joined May 2017 · Points: 40

Not BLM, though. Just found out from my roommate that it is now a pay site. I haven't camped there in a few years but it is a favorite. 

Marc801 C · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 0
Buddy Smith wrote:

Not BLM, though. Just found out from my roommate that it is now a pay site. I haven't camped there in a few years but it is a favorite. 

All the river CGs are indeed BLM and all charge a fee.

http://www.discovermoab.com/campgrounds_blm.htm

grog m aka Greg McKee · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 0

camping on the river blows IMHO. the road is 10 feet from your tent and people drive by at 60 miles per hour. then other mofo's drive up looking for a site at 230 in the morning, open and slamming their doors. What are you doing in Moab? That will give some better insight to where we should recommend you camp.

Nicole Thompson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 0

If you're willing to be a bit outside Moab, the Gemini Bridges area has great free spots. You'll need 4wd to get there, awd might work. Or check out the San Rafael Swell, which is closer to Green River, access goes through a mix of gravel roads and washes. 

Marc801 C · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 0
Nicole Thompson wrote:

If you're willing to be a bit outside Moab, the Gemini Bridges area has great free spots. You'll need 4wd to get there, awd might work. Or check out the San Rafael Swell, which is closer to Green River, access goes through a mix of gravel roads and washes. 

Two comments for the OP:

1. any of the "primitive camping" options on BLM land, such as the Bride Canyon campsites near Gemini Bridges, require a portable toilet system - no catholes!

2. Camping in the Swell puts you solidly over an hour from Moab.

Russ Chinn · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

Kane Creek. Off the main roads but close enough to town and has way more spots than most of the smaller BLM campgrounds.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply