A scorching July 4th climb up Moonlight Buttress

Original Post
Owen Silitch · · Brunswick, ME · Joined May 2016 · Points: 15

On our journey to become big wall masters, my partner Andrew and I swung by Zion for a hot second to climb Moonlight Buttress:

https://northeastalpine.wordpress.com/2017/07/17/moonlight-buttress-or-more-appropriatley-sunlight-buttress/

Disclaimer: This post is part of a series of other blog posts documenting a "Live Your Dream" grant which I was awarded through the American Alpine Club. Unfortunately after Zion my car got rear ended on the freeway just outside of LA, so I also talk about that towards the end of the post...

John Wilder · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Feb 2004 · Points: 1,530

Dude, Moonlight in July? 

bkwrm · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2010 · Points: 15

Nice TR Owen. Glad you guys didnt melt sorry about the car. Next time you climb a route like this, perhaps ask MP community if you can borrow some extra .5's. I would have lent you some and I am sure some AAC members would have lent you some to prevent turning C1 to C4 and a potential 150 footer... Nice job though. 

Owen Silitch · · Brunswick, ME · Joined May 2016 · Points: 15

Thanks for the kind words bkwrm... in hindsight I definitely should have tried to ask around for some more gear before the climb but we were on the road and coordinating any sort of shipping would have been too hard. Next time though!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply