Mountain Project Logo

France: Chamonix/Verdon/Ceuse all of August/Sept

Original Post
Michelle Dvorak · · Seattle, WA · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 0

Looking for solid partners for some or all of an extended European climbing trip this August and into September, predominantly in France.  Hoping to climb alpine rock classics and multi-pitch trad in the mid-5.10 range, single pitch sport in the 5.11+/5.12 range.  Likely will be renting a car. 

--Michelle

Julia Pulwicki · · Calgary, CA · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

Hey Michelle! I'm living in Montpellier until the end of October and always looking for people to climb with. I'm away on vacation all of August until September 4, but if you're still around in September we could meet up? I'd be free on weekends and can drive within a few hour radius of Montpellier, which includes the Eastern Pyrenees/Ariege through to the Marseille/Aix/Gap area. Montpellier itself has excellent sport climbing too! I have sport and trad gear, can follow up to 6b, lead 6a/6a+ sport. Let me know! 

-Julia

Jonathanayrton123456 · · California · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 0

Michelle I sent you PM. Did you get it?

Michelle Dvorak · · Seattle, WA · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 0
Jonathanayrton123456 wrote:

Michelle I sent you PM. Did you get it?

I did not. Will you send again directly to mtdvorak@live.com? Thanks!

Cissa Carvalho · · Chamonix · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 325

Hey Michelle! I'm in Chamonix and available during september, half of the weeks. Check my profile for leads, ans September is usually great for alpine rock and north faces here. I got all gear.

Susan Chan · · Squamish, BC · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

Hi Michelle, I'll be in Ceuse between Aug. 8-15 and will be looking for partners to climb with!  Climb similar ranges to what you've posted, travelling with sport gear but sans rope... Let's go climbing!!  :)

Skeletor 69 · · MT · Joined May 2016 · Points: 120

Hi Michelle, just sent you a PM! Did you get it? I will be in Cham from the 7th to the 27th of August and would love to get out with you! I can confidently onsight 5b/6a in the mountains (i.e. remote trad climbs) and spent 2 weeks in Cham this spring so I know the range decently well. I was looking at doing a lot of alpine rock in the Argentiere basin/south face of the midi which seems like the type of stuff that you would be interested in. Let me know and feel free to email me: owensilitch@gmail.com 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Extended Trips and International Partners
Post a Reply to "France: Chamonix/Verdon/Ceuse all of August/Sept"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started