Mountain Project Logo

Sizing for scarpa shoes

Original Post
Christopher Weaver · · Cincinnati, OH · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 66

I'm looking to get a new pair of scarpa instincts vs shoes but I haven't been able to try them on. I wear a 42.5 in sportiva Miruas and the solutions. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Squeak · · Perth West OZ · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 21
Christopher Weaver wrote:

I'm looking to get a new pair of scarpa instincts vs shoes but I haven't been able to try them on. I wear a 42.5 in sportiva Miruas and the solutions. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

My Vapors VS are one size smaller than my Anassazi

Ian Lauer · · Yakima, WA · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 15

I wore a 42 in Muira's but wear a 43 in Instinct laces and Vapors. My foot measures an exact 43. I would call this a comfortably tight fit in the Instincts. Perfect pressure on toes so that they fit, but aren't being crammed or curled excessively at the end.  Seems like Scarpa's sizing is spot on where Sportiva had to be downsized

chris blatchley · · woodinville, wa · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 6

Go to rei and try on vapor v. If they are snug but not painful, I found the same size mapped to an absolutely perfect fit for the instinct vs.

Baba Fats · · Philadelphia, PA · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 0

Like others have said, scarpa runs true to size.  And downsizing them is still really comfortable.  I am a 46 street shoe.  I own 44.5 instinct vs, and wish I went down to a 44.  Broken in, the 44 was really nice, but they felt really stiff brand new, and I just didn't realize how quickly they'd break in

Maddy G · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 0

I have a pair of scarpas exactly one US size down from my street shoe. They aren't very old but broke in so I can walk in them between climbs, but I take them off if I plan on belayed (i climb mostly in the gym)

Andy Hansen · · Longmont, CO · Joined Sep 2009 · Points: 3,286

I have found pretty consistent success with sizing my Scarpa shoes (Instinct, Stixx and Vapor) the same as my street shoe. I would say that the Vapor is slightly too large but the more aggressive shoes (Instinct and Stixx) have been a perfect fit for me. 

Bnice · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 0
Andy Hansen wrote:

I have found pretty consistent success with sizing my Scarpa shoes (Instinct, Stixx and Vapor) the same as my street shoe. I would say that the Vapor is slightly too large but the more aggressive shoes (Instinct and Stixx) have been a perfect fit for me. 

+1. My instinct vs and lace shoes are exactly the same size as my street shoe. 

Mark Verosky · · Pittsburgh, PA · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 46

42 in Muira VS and 42 in Scarpa Force V. Probably caused by the muira being more asymmetrical 

Nick Drake · · Kent, WA · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 651
Andy Hansen wrote:

Interesting if I a half down in the instinct vs there is some dead space for my toes, in the vapors I'm swimming. It's one down from street for comfortable performance fit in the vapor or full performance in the instinct. This about one size larger than my size in most Sportivas for a similar fit.

Brie Abram · · Celo, NC · Joined Oct 2007 · Points: 493

In Sportiva Otaki, Kataki, TC Pro, I wear a 43 for performance fit and 43.5 for comfort. I'm between a 42.5 and 43 for performance in the Solution. In Scarpa Instinct VS, Instinct Lace, and Drago, I wear a 44 for performance fit and 44.5 for comfort, though the Drago feels about a quarter size more snug

Kevin Piarulli · · Redmond, OR · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 1,683

I wear 42.5 Miuras (and TC Pros), for Scarpa I wear 44 in the Vapor and Boostic. Street shoe is 10.5/11.

The Flying Dutchman · · Bozeman, MT · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 15

usually scarpa = sportiva size + 1 EU (occasionally 1,5)

S. Neoh · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2009 · Points: 35

I agree with previous three posts.  My street shoe is Men's US sz 6.5/7.  I have LS Katana Lace sz 38.5 for performance fit.  Older, orange Vapor V, in sz 39.5 for slightly more relaxed fit. Newer, green/yellow Vapor V and Vapor Lace in sz 40 for relaxed (but not entirely comfy) fit without sacrificing a lot of performance altho neither of the newer shoes are fully broken in while the KL is.  

Doug Chism · · Arlington VA · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 45

For me, Scarpa is 1/2 to 1 full size under street shoe and 1 to 1.5 sizes larger than La Sportiva. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "Sizing for scarpa shoes "

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started