Mountain Project Logo

Gold Bar weekdays/lost wallet, ring

Original Post
TripBrannen · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 50

Does anyone know if the road/trail up to the Gold Bar boulders is available on weekdays now? I know at times in the past when they were actively logging there was no access except on weekends.  My wallet and wedding band fell out of the zipper pocket I usually keep them in while I'm climbing on the way down from Gold Bar yesterday (luckily the car keys remained). I was thinking about heading up today (Monday) after work to fully retrace my steps. Covered about half of the way back up yesterday but no luck. It started getting dark and I had to bail. 

I posted in lost and found too but they're most likely somewhere between the Obesity boulder and the parking lot where the logging road meets Reiter (not the lot near Five Star, the other one) if access is open and anyone happens to be up there this morning. The ring is a long shot as it's small and easily lost in the gravel and tall grass but the wallet may be a little more visible. Any help would be very, very much appreciated! 

Dan Cooksey · · Seattle, WA · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 365

I do believe weekday access is a no go for logging activities.

Nate Redon · · Seattle, WA · Joined Feb 2013 · Points: 536

I might be wrong on this, but I thought that weekday access reopened back in Spring? It doesn't look like the WCC website is updated. 

https://www.facebook.com/273352136518/photos/a.278074791518.142319.273352136518/10154736439261519/?type=3

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply