Mountain Project Logo

Twin cities climbing partner wanted!

Original Post
Cody SanFillipo · · Bloomington, MN · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 0

Hello climbing world!

The names Cody, been climbing on and off and in and outdoors for about a year. But I'm trying to get more into climbing making it more than just a "hobby"

I'm sorta new to the area and looking for a good group of people to climb and drink brews with.

Can consistently climb 5.10d - 11a. Recently been in the gym more than I would like to some times getting stuck on the auto-belays because of not being able to find some random person to climb with.

But if you climb a gym and want a buddy I'm cool with that too. Like I said I'm Kinda of new to the area and looking for a few people to go out and climb with consistently wether it's the gym, red wing, taylors falls devils lake. Whatever. I don't climb trad but I'd be open to learning

I climb at VE-Bloomington I'm open most night and weekends I can make open. Wouldn't even be opposed to traveling for some good climbing.

⬆️That's me, if you ever see me out and about stop by and say hi. I usually look mad, but I'm not...just too cool for skool

Andrewpaulson Paulson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 20

Sent a message. I'll be in Minnesota in a couple weeks for days. 

Sam Steffens · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0

Hey Cody, 

if your still in Bloomington next week a climbing buddy and I will be in townish near you from the 30th-6Dec. Rhichfield and Farmington. Got rope and quick draws climb sport, both solid at lead belay. My friend is a solid lead climb at 5.9 outdoors. I'm just lead climbing in the gym right now on5.9(not ready for lead outdoors yet). Would be down for some outdoor climbing, caving and indoor gym climbing if your game.

Claire Otradovec · · Rosemount, Minnesota · Joined Dec 2017 · Points: 0

Hey Cody, 

I'm in the same boat as you - I don't know really anyone climbing in the area, only in the gym currently, and would like it to be more than a hobby. Beer is agreeable too.

I've been climbing since October of this year. All I've done so far is top-rope at the gym (5.9), but I'd like to learn to lead sport and eventually trad also. I've never done more than scramble and boulder outside, so I can't teach you anything but certainly happy to learn and belay. I'm from Wisconsin and would love to get back down to Devils Lake again and see it from a climber's point-of-view. 

I'm in Rosemount - which is about 20 minutes southeast of Bloomington. I have some guest passes to use before the end of the year for Lifetime in Lakeville - they have a decent little cavern there. Let me know if you're interested! 

Cheers! 

Claire

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply