Mountain Project Logo

North Carolina and Kentucky (throughout September '17)

Original Post
Francesca Parratt · · England · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 160

Hi, 

I'm visiting from England and am hoping to get as much climbing as possible done in my spare time. I will be based near Table Rock, NC for the most of my stay and hope to head out to Red River Gorge, KY for a couple of days at some point (I've heard wonderful things).

I'm mostly a sport climber but have been dabbling in trad recently. A competent second, but I'm hoping my location whilst in the US is also going to force me out of my comfort zone and start leading a lot more trad.

Happy to belay on anything, will most likely be leading around 5.9-low 5.10s sport and lower leads on trad.

Also have no idea on how many nuts/ cams/ hexes I can get into my suitcase before the airline weight limit is reached! Can also trade cups of tea and cadburys for belays (if requested in advance)!

Francesca

Bill Reed · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 5

Hey, Francesca!

I'm going to be traveling around North Carolina, West Virginia, Tennessee, and Kentucky for a few weeks from August 20th to September 13th. I have absolutely no plans and am just looking for some fun people to climb with!

I lead .11+ sport and, like you, have minimal trad experience, but I have a full rack and would love to give it hell!

If you want to contact me at any time during that period I would love to meet up and climb. (443) 786-5142

Happy climbing!

Bill

Phil-Teague · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 0

Hi 

I live in NC and me and my wife try and climb every weekend near table Rock. NC is a great place to climb trad. Email me if you would like to go climb.

Phillip and Ally

Phillip4130@yahoo.com

I'm going to be based right by Table Rock so that would be fantastic.

Phil-Teague · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 0

We are going climbing at ship rock on Saturday if you want to go.

I don't get to the US until the 29th, but thanks and enjoy!

Jesse Via · · Oxford, Ohio · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 0

I usually try to make it tout red river gorge most weekends and climb about the same grades. If you need a partner around thenoon shoot me a message

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply