Mountain Project Logo

Boston climbers looking for more partners

Original Post
Kat Garcia · · Cambridge, MA · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

My climbing partner and I live in Cambridge, MA, and both started climbing about 7 months ago and are just starting to lead climb now. We're looking for more partners to climb with as we practice sport climbing outside, and hopefully doublecheck us to make sure we are not making any mistakes. 

Outside, we both have only led 5.7 or so, and can follow 5.9 or 5.10. We are buying our own sport climbing gear soon so we'll be set for rope, draws, etc.

We would love to climb with you anywhere nearby or in Rumney. I'm also open to bouldering or TR outdoors with some new people.

Reach out if you're interested in climbing with me/us!

Sarah G · · Boston, MA · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 0

I live in Allston, pretty much looking to climb any chance I can. Feel free to hit me up!

Wesley Wehrle · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 0

Hey! I'll be in Boston for a few months this Fall for work and I am looking for some people to climb with. I am extremely excited to climb at Rumney and plan on doing a bunch of weekend trips there. I am also looking for people to lead climb with one of the local gyms during the week. I have a rope and draws and would love to climb with some new people!

S. Neoh · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2009 · Points: 0

The many local climbing gyms are the best places to meet fellow climbers and perhaps find new partners.

Check Farley Ledge out for Sport and Trad climbing as well.  Yes, there is no online or printed guide but show up and the 'locals' will be more than willing to share route Beta with you.

The approach to the nearest crag from the rather small parking lot is about two minutes.  Please do not overcrowd the small lot, there is overflow parking across Rt 2.  Respect the neighbors and people who live nearby.

YDrx · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 0
Kat Garcia wrote:

My climbing partner and I live in Cambridge, MA, and both started climbing about 7 months ago and are just starting to lead climb now. We're looking for more partners to climb with as we practice sport climbing outside, and hopefully doublecheck us to make sure we are not making any mistakes. 

Outside, we both have only led 5.7 or so, and can follow 5.9 or 5.10. We are buying our own sport climbing gear soon so we'll be set for rope, draws, etc.

We would love to climb with you anywhere nearby or in Rumney. I'm also open to bouldering or TR outdoors with some new people.

Reach out if you're interested in climbing with me/us!

Hi . Just arrived from abroad in Cambridge two weeks ago. Am looking for partner(s) to climb outside . Am quite safe and experienced (20 years +), have all the gear to trade climb outside … after the purchase of a new rope. Can sports and Trad climb in the NE . Familiar with the areas. No car . Training in BKB in Cambridge. Mostly, looking for safe climbing outside , enjoying myself and not obsessed by pushing the grades too hard . PM if you are interested. 

Shani A · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

Hey! I live in Worcester but would still make the drive out to wherever you are headed. I just climbed outside last weekend for the first time, and I loved it, so I'm hoping to do more before it gets too cold.

Tim McGivern · · Medford, ma · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 9,455

Glad to see folks excited to get outside! There is a ton of close-to-home outside climbing around Boston. Most of the higher quality climbing near Boston is bouldering, but there is plenty of top rope, a bit of Trad, and sparse sport routes as well. Perfect for a weekday session.. If you need some help finding things, I'm happy to help. Close to Cambridge you have Hammond Pond, Lynn Woods, Fells,, and a few other smaller spots. Take a 45 minute drive and you're in Cape Ann. I live in Medford and climb a ton in Lynn Woods and Peabody. The bouldering is fantastic, and I can get there in 15 minutes. If you live on the south side of city you have Quincy Wuarries, Gilbert Hills, Milford, and some other smaller places. If you are wading into Trad or want to get on some test pieces, Crow Hill is about an hour away from the city. Finding partners will come if you get out there. Southeast New England Climbers Coalition (SNECC) does outdoor meet ups, other groups do these as well. SNECC also has a Google Group forum that is another, local resource for climbing outside in the area and finding partners. Have fun out there!

Tonya Grieb · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

Hi, I am also looking for partners for both indoor and outdoor climbing! I am also trying to plan a climbing trip to Rumney and would love to get a group together. Feel free to message me if you're interested in partners or going to Rumney. 

FY · · Boston, MA · Joined Jun 2011 · Points: 15

Any chance anybody wants to go to NH on Friday morning? 

Jesse Everett · · Portland, ME · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 0

I'm always down to climb! Traveling from Portland, ME

Sorry for not getting back earlier, but I am still interested in going outside. I have one rope, a set of Trad gear and necessary quickdraws. Am interested with Rumney. Am absent this week-end but just need a couple of days in advance to organise myself owing to work . The whole WE might be a challenge but one day is fine.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply