Squamish Resoles

Original Post
Trevor. · · Boise, ID · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 819

Is there anyone in Squamish doing resoles? I'm about to head up there for a couple of weeks and just realized that all of my comfy trad shoes are within a few pitches of needing resoled. 

David.Jones · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2009 · Points: 10

There are two in Vancouver  Quickcobbler and Goldstar...but I've had terrible experiences with both and they are quite expensive ($80+). We typically pool our shoes and send them south. I'd highly recommend getting them done before you leave. Of course with the weak CAD, you could also get a new pair up here:

http://climbonsquamish.com/

Trevor. · · Boise, ID · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 819

Damn. I really didn't want to buy a third pair of TC Pros, but I guess that's what I get for not noticing how worn my shoes were getting. 

Nick Niebuhr · · Telluride, CO · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 465

About 4 years ago I got mine resoled by a guy in a small shoe repair shop somewhere on Cleveland Ave I believe, he was kinda old and I don't know if he's still around. I think it was $70 which is about equivalent to shipping + exchange rate. I think he did a pretty good job, but I was a new climber at the time so I don't really know...

Lucian G. · · Vancouver, BC · Joined Feb 2013 · Points: 10

Got mine done at Quickcobbler in Vancouver and I second David, they did a crap job.. charged me $80 and the sole started peeling away from the rand after just 5-10 pitches.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply