Mountain Project Logo

la sportiva TC pros sizes 41.5 AND 42

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post
jlee · · Kingsbury, NV · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 25

ing some problems with my achilles tendons so i'm sadly ditching my TC pros. LOVED them when they worked for me. i tried a size up but it didn't help too much so back to good old moccasyms for me. my loss, your gain. 

41.5: resoled twice at berkeley resole. current edges are almost untouched (1 or 2 gym sessions); they are still sharp and not rounded. i think they shrunk slightly from the resoles; true size is more like a 41. the leather in well broken in and the shoes are in fantastic shape. 100 shipped 

42: (almost) BRAND NEW. a couple light gym sessions and a few pitches of crack climbing. they look like they're out of the box. 130 shipped 

Sam Cieply · · Venice, CA · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 10

FYI, I had similar problems with the TC Pros being too tight around my Achilles/cankles, so I sliced the rand with sharp blade at the heel area, and it did relieve a lot of the pressure. Before, I was getting abraded on the inside of my ankle, and found that they were able to stretch a bit to the natural width of my ankles after cutting.

I got the idea somewhere online (may have been an MP thread), and there are some pictures of people's rand slits if you search. I suppose it would diminish performance in some regards since the "slingshot" rand is supposed to be helpful, though it was decidedly not helpful for my swoll feet.

That being said, I still rarely wear mine and went back to good ol stretchy slippers (Mocs and evolv addicts).

jlee · · Kingsbury, NV · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 25

wow thanks for the tip sam! i'll consider giving it a try. love those wide, stretchy mocs though.. 

Buddy Smith · · GA · Joined May 2017 · Points: 40

PM sent on 42s

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply