Extended Chile Trip

Original Post
ashallowtown · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2016 · Points: 0

I will be traveling through all of Chile from mid-September to late January/early Februray 2018. Starting in Arica and heading as far south as I can! I am seeking people to climb and explore with, and/or people who know people who would be open and friendly for that kind of thing. Even just tips on connecting to the climbing community down there -- either from here, ahead of time (which would be amazing) or on the fly as I arrive places.

I am primarily interested in bouldering and hiking/backpacking but am open to other adventures as well, really just looking for good people who love to be outside. I want to spend as much of this trip sleeping in my tent as I can. When it comes to bouldering I genuinely want to try to spend time at as many crags as possible -- it is my main climbing interest. Off the top of my head, Coquimbo and Choriboulder (if it is still accessible?) come to mind as places I know I want to try to climb. I'm traveling light with just my shoes and chalk bag and probably harness. My major downfall is a lack of Spanish...but I'm working on it.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply