Mountain Project Logo

Jul 17- 20: Looking for Partners in NW Arkansas/ W Missouri/ E Kansas - Sport Climbing or Bouldering (or TR)

Original Post
Megan Cramb · · AR/KS/MO · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

Hello,

I'll be in the areas listed above next week (July 17-20) and would love to check out the local rock! Hit me up if you're interested, my schedule is somewhat flexible (ie daytime/evenings ok). I'm from Vancouver, BC, Canada, & I mostly boulder & climb sport, but am getting into trad as well. 

I'm also interested in recommendations on where to go. . . Lake Lincoln looks pretty sweet?! 

Anyone interested & available? :)

Megan

Collin C · · Arkansas · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 105

I'd say (though I'm not a fan) go to horseshoe canyon ranch in west Arkansas. Shitloads of moderate sport, tons of bouldering and classic gear lines. It does cost 10 bucks a day there but the amount of climbing and ease of access does make it a destination. Plus your more likely to just show up and find a partner there than any other crag in west Arkansas.

PatMas · · Tulsa, OK · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 0

Horseshoe is the biggest concentration of quality climbing in the area. $16 a day includes climbing and camping. Super good guidebook available at the 'trading post'. Watch out for poison ivy and ticks. Be prepared for humidity!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply