Bugaboos - Jul 19 to 24 - Split rental car?

Original Post
Miguel D · · SLC · Joined May 2014 · Points: 359

My partner and I are heading out there on those dates, but we are not psyched about renting a car in Calgary for $300 just to use it a few hours and leave it parked for several days.

Any chance there is another party heading out there on those dates that would like to split a car 4 ways? Or if you already have a car lined up and we could carpool out there, we could pay our share too. Let me know

Martin le Roux · · Superior, CO · Joined Jul 2003 · Points: 129

Just in case you didn't already know this, there's a hefty tax on car rentals at Calgary airport. You can avoid it and save 15-20% by renting from a downtown location, even if it's the same car and the same company. A bus or shuttle from the airport to downtown takes 30 minutes and costs $10-$15 or so. And most rental companies will let you return the car directly to their airport location without charging extra. Go figure.

Miguel D · · SLC · Joined May 2014 · Points: 359

I think I had heard that at some point but had completely forgotten about it as a possibility and was not even on my radar this time around. Found something for $80 less now. Thanks for the tip!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply