Mountain Project Logo

Pink tricam love

Daniel Joder · · Barcelona, ES · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 0

Aso, hard to tell in the pic, but I assume the flake it is placed behind is solid? If so, looks great. (Good comment on the quickdraw thing from ebmudder.)

eli poss · · Durango, Co · Joined May 2014 · Points: 523
ebmudder wrote:

looks good, but if it's clipped to a quickdraw, be aware that it could be dislodged by rope drap. I always try to use an alpine draw or sling and extend as much as possible to prevent the tricam's sling from jostling around.

Another option if you want to keep the quickdraw instead of an alpine draw or sling (either because you want the connection short or you want an easier clip) is to use a different quickdraw that is more floppy. The trango phases or 10mm dyneema dogbone from BD are some examples of good draws for trad climbing because they are still somewhat floppy on the gear side of the dogbone, although obviously not as much as a sling would be.

I think wild country also makes some nice floppy dogbones where only a small portion of the dogbone is sewn shut and the rest of it is kept as an open loop. These make great options for when the route is fairly straight up so you don't need much extension but still want some flop to reduce jerks from rope movement. 

Ted Pinson · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 212
 wrote:

Moore's is where I fell in love with my pink.

Is this an excerpt from the Vagina Monologues?

Mark A · · Golden, CO · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 91

How about a full Tricam anchor?  This is on the Petit Grepon, all those placements basically wouldn't take anything except a tricam, that bottom one mayyyybe could get a cam but was a super shallow pocket.  There were edges behind all the fulcrums so they were super bomber.
Doctor Drake · · San Francisco · Joined May 2018 · Points: 85
The link back a few pages didn't work, so I found an updated one :)
Kevin Heinrich · · Kinda All Over · Joined Mar 2013 · Points: 70

Wow, that's my shirt design.... I guess a Chinese company has decided to steal it. Sorry the previous link was broken, you can get the shirt here and actually support the "artist" if you want. Or here is a sticker version!

Tricam away my friends.

Steve G · · Portland, OR · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 27

Lol, at least they named it the "Pink Tricam Kevin Heinrich Shirt"

ebmudder · · Bronx, NY · Joined Jul 2011 · Points: 55

Gelsa p1

I didn't notice that I had used the racking 'biner clipped directly to the loop until posting up :(
jktinst · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 55

In addition: the recommendation from Camp for tricam placements in horizontal cracks is for fulcrum pointing down (provided that adequate asperities are present on the lower surface), unless placed as progression pro in a horizontal traverse, in which case, up is better.

ebmudder · · Bronx, NY · Joined Jul 2011 · Points: 55
jktinst wrote: In addition: the recommendation from Camp for tricam placements in horizontal cracks is for fulcrum pointing down (provided that adequate asperities are present on the lower surface), unless placed as progression pro in a horizontal traverse, in which case, up is better.

In this case, the placement was more solid pin-up than pin-down.

Max Rausch · · Portland, OR · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 200

Zodiac, Black Tower pitch. C3+. Couldn’t get an offset or a totem to stick. Didn’t die. Hail Satan.

David K · · New Paltz, NY · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 145
Max Rausch wrote: Zodiac, Black Tower pitch. C3+. Couldn’t get an offset or a totem to stick. Didn’t die. Hail Satan. 

I don't aid, so maybe this is normal for aid climbing, but as a free climber I would not have been in a rush to weight that.

joe sakel · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 45
David K wrote:

I don't aid, so maybe this is normal for aid climbing, but as a free climber I would not have been in a rush to weight that.

what pieces are you in a hurry to weight on a C3+ aid...?

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Trad Climbing
Post a Reply to "Pink tricam love"