Mountain Project Logo

Momentum Katy (Houston, TX) Regular Partner

Original Post
Mike Slavens · · Houston, TX · Joined Jan 2009 · Points: 35

Looking for a regular gym/training partner for the new Momentum Katy (Houston, TX) climbing gym that is opening at the end of this month.  I typically climb Tues/Thurs after work and whenever works on the weekend if I'm not going outside.  I'm somewhat flexible on which days after work and will try to get there some weekday mornings as well.  I peak out about 5.11- on lead but want to improve that and happy to belay/spot you where ever you are on the grade spectrum.  I do it all: lead, TR, bouldering, and training (campus, hang, system, weights, cardio, etc. but apparently not enough to climb harder than 5.11- so like I said, looking to improve).  Also more than happy to be outside partners as well and can help you get into sport and/or trad if you're new to outside or swap leads like Alex and Tommy on the Fitz if you're already a crusher.

Yes, I know there is now a Midwest Partner Forum.  However, its only a few weeks old and I don't think most people realize its there yet.

Stephen Felker · · Boulder, CO · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 460

Just to clarify for my fellow industry geeks, it's actually a Utah based Momentum Indoor Climbing gym, not a Colorado based Movement Climbing + Fitness facility.

Mike Slavens · · Houston, TX · Joined Jan 2009 · Points: 35

Yep, sorry Momentum Katy.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply