Mountain Project Logo

Momentum Katy (Houston, TX) Regular Partner

Original Post
Mike Slavens · · Houston, TX · Joined Jan 2009 · Points: 35

Looking for a regular gym/training partner for the new Momentum Katy (Houston, TX) climbing gym that is opening at the end of this month.  I typically climb Tues/Thurs after work and whenever works on the weekend if I'm not going outside.  I'm somewhat flexible on which days after work and will try to get there some weekday mornings as well.  I peak out about 5.11- on lead but want to improve that and happy to belay/spot you where ever you are on the grade spectrum.  I do it all: lead, TR, bouldering, and training (campus, hang, system, weights, cardio, etc. but apparently not enough to climb harder than 5.11- so like I said, looking to improve).  Also more than happy to be outside partners as well and can help you get into sport and/or trad if you're new to outside or swap leads like Alex and Tommy on the Fitz if you're already a crusher.

Kevin Pool · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

Mike, same here.  Looking for a training partner and trusty belayer.  I max out on 5.10 right now.  Used to get some 5.11s and 5:12s on TR, but been outta shape as of late.  Interested in all the climbing (esp Lead) and have running/triathlon background so I will challenge you on the cardio.  Also I've been interested in getting into trad - a friend gifted me some gear(nuts, cams, hexes and about 1million biners) a year ago and I've never had the chance to use it.  Been climbing outside a handful of times, want to go outside more, but mostly a gym rat due to nothing close.  Early weekday mornings or evenings can work.

Conghui Song · · Sugar Land, TX · Joined May 2014 · Points: 10

I'm also looking for a lead climbing partner during week days too. I'm climbing at similar level: easy 11s leading. And recovering from shoulder injury. Please let me know if anybody is interested. 

Cheers,

Tico · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2006 · Points: 0

I can't be regular (ha) but I'm happy to climb occasionally.  PM if interested.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Midwest Partners
Post a Reply to "Momentum Katy (Houston, TX) Regular Partner"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started