Mountain Project Logo

North Carolina (Crowders, Looking Glass)

Original Post
Ryan Creed · · Austin · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 30

Hi all! I just moved back to Greenville SC from Austin TX and already itching to climb something! I've never climbed in NC and I'd like to partner up with someone who is familiar with the climbing in the area. Comfortable leading on gear up to 5.9ish and sport up to 5.11a but I'd like to get a little uncomfortable and push the grade! My schedule is very flexible and can likely work around yours. Down for day, weekend, and possibly road trips to more distant climbing destinations. As far as gear I have a standard rack with a few doubles and a single 50m rope. Drop me a line and lets get this belaytionship rolling!

Jordan Simon · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 185

Hey Ryan! I'm in Atlanta but always wanting to get on some of that beautiful NC rock as much as possible. The weather right now has been keeping most stuff pretty wet, but as soon as things dry up I would love to get outside with you!

Jared Watkins · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 0

I'd be keen to get out to crowders this weekend, shoot me a text 4077210694

RandyLee · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined May 2016 · Points: 5

I'm in Atlanta for the rest of July, I have a 70m rope and sport gear along, leading 5.10d sport, starting to break into 11s. Glad to climb trad too, but I left that gear in LA. I'm free Mondays, Tuesdays, and the first half of Wednesdays (working nights on a Netflix show, I start around 6PM) for the rest of the month. I'm want to climb every day I can while I'm here. Anyone who wants to climb those days, text me at 608.239.1230.

Neil Little · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2016 · Points: 0

Hey Ryan,

I'm from Austin! I'll be in the Highlands, NC and I'm looking to climb Whiteside Mountain, ideally Monday 7/10. Unfortunately, I won't have a car. But the area is close to where I'm staying. A couple of awesome, long, trad lines with walk offs. I'll have a rack, rope, etc with me.  Hit me up at 512.940.3995

Neil

Bhayes · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 0

Hey guys! I'll be in Asheville area for 2 weeks (July 8th - 22nd) and would be able to drive just about anywhere. If you need a partner for sport or trad, let me know. My number is 818-605-0034

Joshua McDaniel · · Fayetteville, NC · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 0

I'm looking to climb at Ship Rock tomorrow 7/8.

Will be camped out tonight 7/8 and hopefully climbing tomorrow 7/9 at Looking Glass. In need of a partner shoot me a text! 864 382 6914

Still looking for partners. Regulars and one night stands welcomed!

EricCC · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 0

Hi all, I'll be traveling out to Asheville/ Brevard area for a wedding the weekend of 8/3-8/6, I'd love to get on some rock at least one day. I don't really have room to bring gear is the only thing, I'll only have a harness and grigri. I comfortably lead 10a on gear and 11b on sport though. Send me a message if you'd like a partner any of those days. 

Stephen Volpe · · Columbia, SC · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

I just moved to Columbia South Carolina and climb at crowders a few times.  I'm trying to get into trad if someone wants to let me follow them and learn some about it.  I have everything for sport climbing and just ordered a rack.  Stoppers 1 to 13 and c4 .5 .75 1 2 3

727-542-0325

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply