Alien Cams

Original Post
Josh McAlister · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 85

Does anyone in the Wasatch Front regularly use Alien cams? If so, what works best for our areas? Looking to buy 2 or 3. 

Thanks! 

nineplusplus Utah · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2008 · Points: 0

IME's got the Alien Revolution Lites, in stock...

Charlie S · · Ogden, UT · Joined Aug 2007 · Points: 1,308

Have the originals and the Totems, which are sweet.  Blue, Green, and Yellow are probably used the most.  Red supplements where the #0.5 is the right width but just doesn't quite work.

But sorry, they're not for sale!

Josh McAlister · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 85

@Charlie S do you use the offsets much? Quite a few flared cracks in LCC that seem to be perfect for them. 

N Nelsen · · Thornton, NH · Joined Jun 2010 · Points: 10

I've got an Alien Lite I'm looking to sell if you want. PM me. 

Ice4life · · US · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 5

Blue, green, yellow, and if you wanna add a 4th, grey.

Lites had issues with the first gen ones, but they're currently on their 2nd gen, so if you buy one, I'd go for the newer second gen ones. I had an early one that the trigger sheath broke on, meaning it couldn't be retracted to get out...

Charlie S · · Ogden, UT · Joined Aug 2007 · Points: 1,308
Josh McAlister wrote:

@Charlie S do you use the offsets much? Quite a few flared cracks in LCC that seem to be perfect for them. 

I never got into the offsets.  Even the hardcore Gunkies were unable to convince me to switch over when I was back east.

Usually if it's an offset crack that fits an offset Alien, a nut seems to work better.  At least on the average.

madskates · · slc · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 100

The green seems to fit in most pin scars very well. I'd go with a green and a yellow! The gear room has the original aliens aka not the lites. They seem to last quite a bit longer however, not as lite....

Tom Hore · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2009 · Points: 150

Why would you need Aliens for LCC?  I thought last week as a community, we had decided that free soloing in BCC and bolting all cracks in LCC were the new standards for the area?

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply