Mountain Project Logo

New to Asheville- Seeking a climbing mentor/partner

Original Post
Blake Barker · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

I recently relocated from Phoenix to Asheville and am seeking out someone willing to take me under their wing. Outside of top roping in gyms (5.10-5.11), my only experience is sport climbing following a guide in Halong Bay, Vietnam. I'd love to get outdoors and learn safety procedures, lead climbing, and trad. I'm eager to absorb all things climbing and take full advantage of living in Western North Carolina. 

A bit about me: I'm 28 and a Michigan native. I relocated with my girlfriend, Rebecca, who is a printmaker and my Bulldog, Tuna. I have a background in Supply Chain Management but currently job seeking which leaves me with wide open availability to get out and climb! I enjoy live music, IPA's, and anything that involves exercise or the outdoors. 

Age and gender make no difference to me. I can provide transportation from Asheville. I will bring positivity, an intense to learn, and cash for post climb brews.

NCChris · · Denver co · Joined May 2016 · Points: 0

I would be down to get out and do some climbing with you 

John Ribes · · Asheville · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 15

Same! I think we actually talked in Second Gear one day.  I usually have Wed-Thursday off and always looking to get out.

Mateo F. · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2012 · Points: 15

I just moved to Asheville from Alaska and am looking for a rope partner. I've done a fair bit of climbing on easy NC trad (5.6- 5.8) when I lived in GA. I've got a rack waiting to be plugged into rock, let's try to get out.

Blake Barker · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

Man, I'm thrilled by the kindness and eager to get out with each of you. My number is (269)-208-1692. Get in touch and lets arrange for a climb!

Ha John, you're spot on. I live a stones throw from Second Gear.

Robert Seevers · · Morganton, NC · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 0

I'm stoked you found some people! Best of luck getting into one of the greatest sports on earth!

Be safe and learn lots,

Robert

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern States
Post a Reply to "New to Asheville- Seeking a climbing mentor/par…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started