Tahquitz/Suicide next week (July 3-7)

Original Post
teresamatrix · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined May 2012 · Points: 15

I'm new to the area, with about 5 years trad experience. One week to kill before I start a new job in the LA area.  I want to use it to check out some classic 5.8/9/10a multi-pitches, ideally swinging leads but whatever.  I'm also open to shorter things if its a real hot day. I was hoping to see the Needles, but with the current heat, Tahquitz/Suicide looks like where it's at weatherwise. Some things on my wish list: fingertip, traitor horn, open book, whodunit, flower of high rank. Would be fun to get dragged up the 11a Vampire. ;) 

I'll plan to head there Sunday night probably. Hit me up if we could climb together. 

Have rack and 70m rope. 

Luke Sheffer · · Altadena, CA · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 0

Hey there, I'm hoping to get out to the area next week as well, probably either monday or tuesday. Ive only been out there twice before but have gotten on a few of the classics you have mentioned. If you wanna climb shoot me a text at 626 five nine zero six two nine seven.

Billy Jackson · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 0

Heyhey

Been looking to get up to Tahquitz again and definitely into that tick list of yours. You still need a partner the 3rd/4th?

Jackson Judge · · East San Diego · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 0

Hey Teresa I'm free on the 5th and maybe the 6th as well. I've done all those routes except the vampire but right now I'd probably need to be dragged up that myself .. All great choices! I've been leading mid 5.10 out there, I'm happy to climb anything. Let me know if those days work 805 796 8156

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply