Outdoor 2017 new gear videos - ukclimbing.com

Original Post
anotherclimber · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 70

I noticed that a few videos got posted from this already in separate threads dedicated to them. There is though twenty-seven videos of new gear worth watching. A lot of it is very interesting.

https://www.ukclimbing.com/news/press.php?id=9508

Some highlights that caught my attention...

New larger DMM Dragon 2 cams of C4 #5 and 6 equivalent and a new belay carabiner like the Rhino but with a anti-cross loading mechanism that opens downwards towards so if you forget to put it in the correct place it will just pop in there.

Wild country rock climbing shoes made with Michelin rubber that is custom formed to be different thicknesses in different areas and directly molded onto the upper. (Probably lowers cost of manufacturer with less human work involed with grinding down the sole to shape?) Not sure how resoling these with the original rubber will work out.

Grivel has some new carabiners. One made for stick clipping. One made to trap the dogbone on the bottom side of the bolt anchor carabiner for a quickdraw to prevent cross loading, but still allows it to move within that space.

Climbing Technology has updated the ClickUp to be the ClickUp+. Significant improvements. Engineered to be used with larger gym ropes and is now rated to 11mm ropes. Lighter with a rubberized grip for handling when unlocking and lowering. Improvements in braking action when the brake strand is in the wrong position. 

La Sportiva has added five new womens rock climbing shoes.

Tim Neumann · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 40

thank you sir. i've been searching for a website providing a good all around look of whats new...

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply