WTB Arcteryx Ar-395A Medium

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post
Corey Winstead · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2011 · Points: 0

Cheers

Leigh Martin · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

Hey i was looking for one of these harnesses last week and couldn't find a medium anywhere. I finally called Arc'teryx customer support and they said that they were scheduled to have another proudution run, with harnesses available in mid to late August. Well that didn't work for me, as I needed one asap. And after using a few different Arc'teryx harnesses (the last one was the fourth) I simply cant imagine using anything else. Hands down the best rig on the market. IMHO, everyone else is playing for second place. They are years ahead of other brands in terms of build quality, process, and materials. Undeterred, I decided to get in touch with the Arc'teryx retail stores and see if they had any in stock. I found a medium ar395a, on my second phone call,  at the Arc'teryx store in Chicago (FYI, the store in Colorado is sold out) The guy that helped me, Chris, was awesome. He processed my payment over the phone and i had my new ar395 in two days. It ended up being a few bucks more because of the sales tax. But after frantically scouring the net for a few days with no success, i was more than happy to cough up the extra dough. 

The number for the Chicago Arc'teryx store is (773)697-7381. And the sales person that helped me was Chris. He emailed me all the tracking and sales confirmation info quickly, and gave me a promo code for my next purchase. After several several positive experiences with Arc'teryx customer support, you'd think I wouldn't be surpised by their excellent customer service. But I'm always impressed. They are super-helpful and patiently answer all our questions. If this reads like an ad for Arc'teryx, lol. Its just because my wife and I are huge fans of their gear and their staff has gone out of their way to help us out in the past. So we like to say positive things whenever we have the opportunity. I hope you end up finding your harness. For what its worth, the SL340 is awesome too. i have one that  i use for for sport and gym climbing. 

Corey Winstead · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2011 · Points: 0

Thanks for the tip! That's some diligent work you've done. I agree wholeheartedly that every other harness is playing catch up with Arcteryx. I've worn dozens of harnesses over the years, and theirs stand alone for comfort. I just wish they would produce a few more!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply