Northern California Sport Climber Looking for Trad Guru near Los Angeles, CA

Original Post
Emett Stone · · Culver City, CA · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

I’ve just relocated to Los Angeles, CA from the Bay Area where I climbed sport (lead 5.12b/c), bouldered V8, and dabbled in some multi-pitch. For the past two years, I have sold my soul to the gym, due to starting a business. 

I’ve been in the gym (Cliffs of Id) since January and am itching to get outside. I’m in the process of putting a proper rack together but would like to apprentice with someone willing to show me the ways of West on traditional routes and long, technical multi-pitch routes.

I’m looking for someone who has the time/interest in getting out in the areas around Southern California and Sierras to show a western sport climber the glory of proper trad climbing. I have a full sport rack, multi-pitch setup, and 70m rope. Will supply ample belays, compliments, and thanks to trad guru.

Thanks so much!

Jan Tarculas · · Riverside, Ca · Joined Mar 2010 · Points: 488

I was in your similar situation when someone taught me how to trad climb and brought me up my first multipitch up tahquitz few years back. I was climbing 12a/b sport though. Shoot me a text 951-543-six 1 four 9

what's your schedule like?

Emett Stone · · Culver City, CA · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0
  1. Jan! Thanks for the reply. July is a busy month for me, but I am open for weekend trips pretty much all month. I am headed to mt. Charleston NV this weekend, but will shoot you a text when I get back into town. Psyched to hear more, and hopefully find another climbing buddy.
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply