climbing/meditation

Original Post
mike again · · Berkeley, CA · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 40

I am interested in finding other spiritually oriented partners to climb with. Fully realizing the contradictions inherent in this post, I’m going to put it out there anyhow, and see what happens.

A bit about me: I started my meditation practice around the same time as I started climbing, about 20 years ago. While the former has become increasingly central in my life, I remain quite passionate about the latter. I have found some profound spiritual lessons, as it were, while grappling with rock and ice. I am quite sure I’m not alone in this.

I have had great luck finding solid partners on mountain project – thank you all! I have not, however, found the combination of interests I’m describing very frequently.

To be clear, I’m not looking for a navel gazing partner – at least as of this moment, I still intend to push my limits, modest as they are, confront my edge, and go as big as I can. Nor am I dogmatic, just curious. But I would be interested in sharing a rope with other climbers who have a similarly meditative bent, just to see what happens.

If what I’m writing strikes a chord with you, please drop me a line and perhaps we can climb together. I live in Berkeley, have a beautiful rack and a crappy car, most interested in long moderate routes in Yosemite, Tuolumne, High Sierra, Tahoe but stoked for walls and ice as well. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply