Mountain Project Logo

Don't buy from PayPal today2314@gmail.com.

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post
Mark L · · New York, NY · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

Tried to scam me, and got caught.  I posted a warning about his account and his original post, both were  deleted as was my warning post accidentally dozed him and his original post was suspect of fraud .  I think the mods booted him.  Beware, especially if buying a new with tags BD Camalot #5 or #6.  If you would like more information please contact me and I will provide the entire Email conversation without his personal information included ( the reason I think my post was deleted).  Long story short he played games with me for hours and when I asked if I could have his PayPal address so I could be sure it would be a services/goods transaction he immediately backed out of the deal, even though I was 30 seconds away from paying him.  His last known usernames were Libtech and something like sologear.com or some other name like xxxxgear.com.  Without doxxing him his name is Daniel M, last name being of Irish descent.  Think Mc something.  Just trying to keep money/gear in the hands of the rightful owner.

Dan MacKinnon · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 115
Mark L wrote:

Tried to scam me, and got caught.  I posted a warning about his account and his original post, both were  deleted as was my warning post accidentally dozed him and his original post was suspect of fraud .  I think the mods booted him.  Beware, especially if buying a new with tags BD Camalot #5 or #6.  If you would like more information please contact me and I will provide the entire Email conversation without his personal information included ( the reason I think my post was deleted).  Long story short he played games with me for hours and when I asked if I could have his PayPal address so I could be sure it would be a services/goods transaction he immediately backed out of the deal, even though I was 30 seconds away from paying him.  His last known usernames were Libtech and something like sologear.com or some other name like xxxxgear.com.  Without doxxing him his name is Daniel M, last name being of Irish descent.  Think Mc something.  Just trying to keep money/gear in the hands of the rightful owner.

Mark L, I apologize for my impatience with our transaction and understand that you were patient with me when I was not patient with you. The reason why I backed out of the transaction (my ad explained that I would pay for shipping and the paypal fee for Paypal regular) is that I was impatient...well, I'll send you a personal email to hopefully explain the rest to your satisfaction.

I am a partner in NOCOGear.com, yinetyme on eBay, and these transactions are my personal transactions; whenever the business has gear to post we post for sale on these websites and occasionally we advertise sales here. I understand my behavior reflects on these businesses.  I strive to be patient, but I do not succeed and when I fail frustration is the result. So, for all of our customers who have received less than great communication from us, I take responsibility for that as well.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply