Left gear at Crowders

Original Post
Andy Thorsell · · Pineville, NC · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 0

I left some gear on the first pitch of Two-pitch at crowders after a fall and am not sure if I will be able to retrieve the gear myself anytime soon.  If someone here retrieves the gear please send me a message.

climberish · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 0

Was anyone injured? Was there a rescue? Otherwise you left the gear and thus it is booty. Demanding someone to message you if they collect your booty is disrespectful. You lose face even for ASKING for the booty to be returned, but to demand it... well that's just poor form. 

Please review the following thread for the rules of booty:

https://www.mountainproject.com/forum/topic/113220447/stuck-cam-on-high-e

AField · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2011 · Points: 25
climberish wrote:

Was anyone injured? Was there a rescue? Otherwise you left the gear and thus it is booty. Demanding someone to message you if they collect your booty is disrespectful. You lose face even for ASKING for the booty to be returned, but to demand it... well that's just poor form. 

I don't know if you're from WNC, but this is fairly common around here. We like to give back when we can. 

I would hardly consider my original post a demand, but if you must know more specifics. My wife and I were climbing and I fell about 30', we were both injured which required medical attention.  A rescue, no, but we both needed to go to the hospital immediately.

. · · Asheville NC · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 280

I take gear when I find it, this instance though I would return it.  

Not sure about this give gear back that people can't remove themselves deal.  Learn how to climb or loose your rack.   booty is booty unless accident or other circumstances.

climberish is just stating the booty rules not really being a dick although it could have been stated more eloquently.

Hope you and the wife Heal up Andy and good luck getting the gear back.

Josh Lipko · · Charlotte · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 5
climberish wrote:

Seth Monteleone · · Huntersville, NC · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 8
Andy Thorsell wrote:

I would hardly consider my original post a demand, but if you must know more specifics. My wife and I were climbing and I fell about 30', we were both injured which required medical attention.  A rescue, no, but we both needed to go to the hospital immediately.

Hope you guys are ok!

Andrew Giles · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

Hey Andy, I recovered some gear yesterday. Do you know what you left in the wall?

Michael Toth · · charlotte, nc · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 0
climberish wrote:

Climberish, what an asinine comment!  Regardless of injury or not, with the former unfortunately ending up being the case here, I consider your rules above appalling.  

Andrew Giles wrote:

Hey Andy, I recovered some gear yesterday. Do you know what you left in the wall?

Thank you Andrew, I sent you a PM.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply