Lost .75, nut, two biners and sling on Outside Corner in BCC

Original Post
b Light · · Salt Lake City, Utah · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 0

Lost  a .75, nut, sling and two biners on Outside corner yesterday, June 26.  I went back today to retrieve the gear and it was gone.  Cold beer and good karma in return for the cam.  The nut, sling and biner were dropped from a distance... FWIW, I wouldn't use them.  

Tom Hore · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2009 · Points: 160

We are all way too busy free soloing Outside Corner and bolting cracks in LCC to go looking for lost gear.  Haven't you seen the other thread on that subject?

n00b · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 40

Out of curiosity, why wouldn't you use the nut, sling or 'biner? Just because they were dropped?

Andy Rasmussen · · MA · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 45
n00b wrote:

Out of curiosity, why wouldn't you use the nut, sling or 'biner? Just because they were dropped?

they're obviously microfractured

BigNobody · · all over, mostly Utah · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 10

Especially the sling (microfractured)

sclair · · SLC, Ut · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 30
Tom Hore wrote:

We are all way too busy free soloing Outside Corner and bolting cracks in LCC to go looking for lost gear.  Haven't you seen the other thread on that subject?

What cracks are bolted? Asking for a friend.

zoso · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2007 · Points: 450

All of them eventually if I get my way. 

BigNobody · · all over, mostly Utah · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 10
sclair wrote:

What cracks are bolted? Asking for a friend.

Mexican Crack just got the lower part bolted. And the top half of Satans just got a few in it too. Half a Finger just got fully bolted. And Schoolroom just got all bolted belays. The Green A has a bolt every 8 feet or so.I heard there's more coming soon.

Boissal · · Small Lake, UT · Joined Aug 2006 · Points: 1,290
BigNobody wrote:

Mexican Crack just got the lower part bolted. And the top half of Satans just got a few in it too. Half a Finger just got fully bolted. And Schoolroom just got all bolted belays. The Green A has a bolt every 8 feet or so.I heard there's more coming soon.'

'bout fucking time! I'm tired of carrying heavy packs around... Hopefully the bolts go back in on the Coffin too, I bet you could re-use the old holes.

Ryan Hamilton · · Orem · Joined Aug 2011 · Points: 20
BigNobody wrote:

Mexican Crack just got the lower part bolted. And the top half of Satans just got a few in it too. Half a Finger just got fully bolted. And Schoolroom just got all bolted belays. The Green A has a bolt every 8 feet or so.I heard there's more coming soon.

Wait, is this for real?! Is there a specific person or group doing this, or is a trend that people are jumping on?

Brian in SLC · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Oct 2003 · Points: 13,702
Ryan Hamilton wrote:

Wait, is this for real?! Is there a specific person or group doing this, or is a trend that people are jumping on?

Here, read through this old thread and catch up on some historical context:

https://www.mountainproject.com/forum/topic/106035802/double-cross-discussion

Ryan Hamilton wrote:

Yeah, there is one person doing this. When you find this mysterious bolter let me know so I can give this person more bolts.

sclair · · SLC, Ut · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 30

How recent is this? I was just on satans corner a few weeks ago. No bolts besides the anchors that were of course already there.

It happened last Friday.  It's great.  All you need now is 6 quick draws and two long slings.  In this heat liquid chalk helps as well.

Boissal · · Small Lake, UT · Joined Aug 2006 · Points: 1,290
Tom Hore wrote:

It happened last Friday.  It's great.  All you need now is 6 quick draws and two long slings.  In this heat liquid chalk helps as well.

Jeez for a sec I thought you meant 8 total for the whole route but I see you mean 8 for the upper section, good to see whoever's bolting is making the route safe and not runout. I hope they come back and do the bottom section too, I've always found that crack to be insecure and I don't like letting go of the jams for more than a couple seconds, works fine to clip bolts but not so much to fiddle with gear.

notmyname · · Sandy, UT · Joined Apr 2007 · Points: 65

I'd like to climb a giant bolt with bolts bolted on it and avoid this rock nastiness

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply