Bugaboos partner Aug 10-18

Original Post
Kaare Iverson · · Santa Rosa, CA · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

Hi folks,  looking for a climbing partner for the Bugs in the Aug 10-18 date range (calculating spending the 10th and 18th as travel/hike days).  My ask is a little unique as I'll be pre-occupied 2 of those days and not sure which ones yet.

This will be my 3rd trip to the Bugs and I have a great desire to climb the Becky-Chouinard, Sunshine Crack and Divine Intervention.

I can lead trad up to .11b and follow up to .12a

-Kaare ("Kory")

Luisa Mendez · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

Hi Koy!!

I'll be from first week August until 13th, this is my second time at Bugs, depending on weather forecast, we can match on something..I'm the same projects..  

Hi Luisa,

Sweet!  Do you have another partner lined up there already?  Which of my objectives are you the most interested in?

-K

Luisa Mendez · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

My partner is for now in Peru without airline ticket to travel to Calgary, let's see what happens next week..I'm interested first in Sunshine and Beckie but Divine lucks so good too, if you could arrive before 10th will be perfect  keep in touch

Lisa Stengel · · San Francisco, CA · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 0

Hi all! Anyone still looking for a Bugs partner?!

I'll be up in Squamish mid-late July, would love to get out to the bugs in August. I have until 8/17 or so.

It'll be my first time out there so it'd be great to pair up with someone who knows the way of the land ;)

I lead up to 11+, follow 12. Becky-Chourinard would be awesome, but very open to other objectives too. 

Happy climbing!

Hi Lisa,

Im still hunting for a partner for the second half of that week if you're interested.  Again my ask is unique due to the two random days I'll have to abandon my partnerships.  

So aug 13-17 is still pretty open for me.  If you'd like to connect about it, I'm based up in Sonoma county.  We could jump on the phone if you're not already up north  

Kaare

Lisa Stengel wrote:

Hi all! Anyone still looking for a Bugs partner?!

I'll be up in Squamish mid-late July, would love to get out to the bugs in August. I have until 8/17 or so.

It'll be my first time out there so it'd be great to pair up with someone who knows the way of the land ;)

I lead up to 11+, follow 12. Becky-Chourinard would be awesome, but very open to other objectives too. 

Happy climbing!

Cody Fivecoat · · Salt Lake, Utah · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 5

Looking for a partner for the Becky-Chouinard. I will be in the Bugaboos around the 10th through the 25th of August. 

Cody Fivecoat wrote:

Looking for a partner for the Becky-Chouinard. I will be in the Bugaboos around the 10th through the 25th of August. 

also keen to find a partner for that project - just want to climb something less committing with a new partner first before biting off that objective...

*I had a go at it 2 years ago and got turned around near the summit by partner's epic dehydration emergency.  So bring water and let's send!

Cody Fivecoat · · Salt Lake, Utah · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 5

Sounds completely reasonable. Want to meet there, climb some other more moderate classic, & if we end up being a good partnership, take on the Beckey-Chouinard? My phone number is 804 651 4903. Also anyone else reading this who needs a partner from the 10th to the 25th, feel free to contact me. 

Cody Fivecoat wrote:

Sounds completely reasonable. Want to meet there, climb some other more moderate classic, & if we end up being a good partnership, take on the Beckey-Chouinard? My phone number is 804 651 4903. Also anyone else reading this who needs a partner from the 10th to the 25th, feel free to contact me. 

Sorry - my bugaboos plans just changed a little. - I just secured a partner that's on the same schedule as me.  

Have a great trip and I hope you can link up with other climbers in this thread for your objectives :)

Matt Carroll · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 5

I would go to the bugs again if anyone wanted to climb! I'm a 5.12 trad climber and have been to the region before! also have rack/ropes/car etc. I'm free for almost all of august. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply