looking for a snow climbing partner in the Tetons

Original Post
CTdave · · Victor, Id. · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 190

The snow is ready to go!  Went to try to summit Teewinot yesterday but my partner didn't dig the exposure on snow even though everything was a green light, so we turned around.  That puts a wrench in my other early summer objectives like the Skillet, Middle Teton Glacier, and the Koven Route on Owen.  I'm available weekends.  You just need an ice axe, crampons and know how to self arrest.  I've also got a light weight rope and rack if the route needs it. 208 390 1214 or PM me.

jackmarr Marr · · Boise ID · Joined Jan 2008 · Points: 0

Hi Dave--

Just booked a space at the Climber's Ranch so definitely will be in the Tetons from Friday-Sunday. I would love to get on one of those routes. 

I just came off of 4 days snow and ice glacier climbing on Baker, and have climbed Adams and skied St. Helens this season, plus a lot of skimo in Southern Idaho. In the Tetons, I have soloed the Southwest Couloir last summer, got up a few pitches of Irene's, and climbed the Guide's Wall the summer before. I have a lot of other snow/alpine/rock experience. 

This plan just came together so would love to find a good partner. I will have rack etc. as well and will probably bring a picket or two. PM me, email jackmarr@gmail.com or 208 891 5367. Best Jack

mhanrahan08 · · Portland, OR · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 0

Hello, if either of you are looking for another partner over the next three/four days let me know, I'm in town and totally open. I'm comfy on snow, but don't have a second tool if it's really steep. Solid leading on rock. Hit me up!

503-927-9844

-Matt

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply