FS: REI ICON Hooded Jacket ~ 10oz ~ PRICE DROP $35 UL Waterproof ~ Double Taped Ripstop ~ Men's Small

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post
· · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 1970 · Points: 0

Rare jacket for sale here. Given the features, low weight, and rarity I'm asking 35 shipped in the continental US.

This is REI most Ultralight offering - Element laminate - Seams taped inside and out - ripstop exterior

The jacket has a waterproof zipper with rubber gusset. Zipper garages. Two large harness compatible pockets that double as large mesh vents. 

The hood has adjustments on both sides and the rear in addition to a stiff visor

At only 10oz this jacket is in excellent condition with no signs of abrasion, tape completely intact, no breaks in the membrane. It was worn sparingly and never with a pack rubbing the shoulders

As is I would recommend a new coating of DWR since it is used.  Depending on selling price I might be convinced to do it myself with some Granger's extreme repel spray (the good stuff - no longer made)

If you really want to go ultralight you could remove the cord in the hem tightener, the velcro hanging loop, parts of the rubber cuffs,  and the tags. I would guess this might get you down into the 8oz range which is the holygrail of ultralight rain jackets.

Original product description here (this one is green not orange):

https://www.rei.com/product/746584/rei-co-op-icon-jacket-mens

Price drop

Bump

Taking offers

Sold pending funds

Sold.