Blank


Original Post
George Perkins · · Boulder, Colorado · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 20

Hey guys, 

If you and your partner are interested in being the subject of a short film, please comment or PM me! 

I would love to get some action shots for you to post wherever for free. 

I'm thinking sometime next week! 

Let me know what you think.. 

P.s. I use 4K canon, and 4K aerial drone shots, so there is a chance of you looking like a badass when the project is complete.. 

Allen Sanderson · · Oootah · Joined Jul 2007 · Points: 1,135

Do note that drone take off and landings are prohibited in all National Parks as well at Eldo and depending on what you are up to you might need a commercial use permit. 

George Perkins · · Boulder, Colorado · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 20

I have my FAA regulatory 333 exemption, to fly for commercial use 

Max Supertramp · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2008 · Points: 65

still need Park approval, seems to me.  and slingshot-projectile deflector shields.  ;-)

George Perkins · · Boulder, Colorado · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 20

Let's just make this a drone regulatory thread instead of highlighting what it was originally about.

n00b · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 40
George Perkins wrote:

Let's just make this a drone regulatory thread instead of highlighting what it was originally about.

Good idea. If I see your drone ima gonna shoot it down.

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 275
n00b wrote:

Good idea. If I see your drone ima gonna shoot it down.

Dumb comment. 

Marc801 C · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 65
FrankPS wrote:

Dumb comment. 

From n00b's profile page:

Favorite Climbs: Troll City, Troll Crack, Troll Direct.

Other Interests: Trolling

Personal/Favorite web site: http://www.trollMP.com

Likes to climb: Gym climbs none specified

Allen Sanderson · · Oootah · Joined Jul 2007 · Points: 1,135
George Perkins wrote:

I have my FAA regulatory 333 exemption, to fly for commercial use 

Good that you have gone through the permit process to fly a drone for commercial purposes. However, that permit still does not allow drone landings or take offs in Edlo or RMNP (or any other NPS managed land). And as noted depending on what you are doing you may still need a commercial use permit.

BTW Not trying to make this thread about drones - but there are many many people without zero clue about the rules and regulations on drones. 

George Perkins · · Boulder, Colorado · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 20

Yeah guys, some background;

I'm an aircraft technician at Trace Aviation, and work in the unmanned department building unmanned systems for commercial use. We specialize in agriculture data management and civil site surveys. I have my own llc that I fly under personally with the umbrella of the FAA 333 Exemption. I would say I know a tad bit about the rules and regs to UAV operations. And to fly in/ on federal property (national parks basically), You have to apply for a COA and a TFR (temporary flight restriction). Both of which I have done and it is optional to tell the park site manager about your flight plan, but obviously I will be doing so. I really didn't want to explain all this, I really wanted to get some subjects to shoot, but undoubtedly the inevitable cock bags have to pitch in about drone regs because they know everything in the world.. 

George Perkins · · Boulder, Colorado · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 20

Btw this is a dope edit of our product card for HERCULES 

AaronP · · colorado springs co · Joined Mar 2014 · Points: 45
George Perkins wrote:

Yeah guys, some background;

I'm an aircraft technician at Trace Aviation, and work in the unmanned department building unmanned systems for commercial use. We specialize in agriculture data management and civil site surveys. I have my own llc that I fly under personally with the umbrella of the FAA 333 Exemption. I would say I know a tad bit about the rules and regs to UAV operations. And to fly in/ on federal property (national parks basically), You have to apply for a COA and a TFR (temporary flight restriction). Both of which I have done and it is optional to tell the park site manager about your flight plan, but obviously I will be doing so. I really didn't want to explain all this, I really wanted to get some subjects to shoot, but undoubtedly the inevitable cock bags have to pitch in about drone regs because they know everything in the world.. 

mediocre · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 0
George Perkins wrote:

Yeah guys, some background;

 I really wanted to get some subjects to shoot, but undoubtedly the inevitable cock bags have to pitch in about drone regs because they know everything in the world.. 

Theyre not pitching in because they know everything, theyre pitching in because drones are loud and obnoxious, in other words they intrude on everyone around so you guys can drink beer in your tape gloves high-fiving each other on the tailgate of your XTerra, Re-Watching yourselves send that 5.8+ with your harnesses still on. That was so rad bro!

George Perkins · · Boulder, Colorado · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 20

I'm growing tired of arguing.

 With that being said, shut your cock holsters because at the end of the day I'm going to go out and shoot some dope ass b-role and fly a UAV to get some more dope ass b-role. All legally. Not sorry if this offends you.

Call me "selfish". 

I'm out. 

n00b · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 40
George Perkins wrote:

I'm growing tired of arguing.

 With that being said, shut your cock holsters because at the end of the day I'm going to go out and shoot some dope ass b-role and fly a UAV to get some more dope ass b-role. All legally. Not sorry if this offends you.

Call me "selfish". 

I'm out. 

That's right. Run away with your (tail) between your legs.

mediocre · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 0
George Perkins wrote:

I'm growing tired of arguing.

 With that being said, shut your cock holsters because at the end of the day I'm going to go out and shoot some dope ass b-role and fly a UAV to get some more dope ass b-role. All legally. Not sorry if this offends you.

Call me "selfish". 

I'm out. 

I bet you have a lot of friends.

Mark Howe · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2009 · Points: 3

An educational video for anyone wondering what b- role (B-roll) is. 

â–º 1:42

CREAM - WE GOT THAT B ROLL!! - YouTube

Allen Sanderson · · Oootah · Joined Jul 2007 · Points: 1,135

George, sorry to raise your hackles but regularly on MP there are posts about people wanting models. Many, most (?) are ignorant of the regulations for filming, shooting, and flying in state and national parks as well as wilderness areas. Thus my heads up post. Just trying to educate because you really didn't want to explain all this. Glad to learn that you know the rules, as you may well be an exception. Which in that case may I suggest that next time you want models that you fully post what you are up to as then no one needs assume anything and you can keep your hackles holstered with your cockles. 

mediocre · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 0
Allen Sanderson wrote:

George, sorry to raise your hackles but regularly on MP there are posts about people wanting models. Many, most (?) are ignorant of the regulations for filming, shooting, and flying in state and national parks as well as wilderness areas. Thus my heads up post. Just trying to educate because you really didn't want to explain all this. Glad to learn that you know the rules, as you may well be an exception. Which in that case may I suggest that next time you want models that you fully post what you are up to as then no one needs assume anything and you can keep your hackles holstered with your cockles. 

Just for the record, I don't care if you know the regulations or not. I cannot possibly fathom how people think drones are acceptable. Period. 

George Perkins · · Boulder, Colorado · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 20
Allen Sanderson wrote:

George, sorry to raise your hackles but regularly on MP there are posts about people wanting models. Many, most (?) are ignorant of the regulations for filming, shooting, and flying in state and national parks as well as wilderness areas. Thus my heads up post. Just trying to educate because you really didn't want to explain all this. Glad to learn that you know the rules, as you may well be an exception. Which in that case may I suggest that next time you want models that you fully post what you are up to as then no one needs assume anything and you can keep your hackles holstered with your cockles. 

Yes, you are correct.. I guess that comes with experience. Will know for future! Anyways, I have my team now and the project will go as scheduled.

George Perkins · · Boulder, Colorado · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 20
mediocre wrote:

Just for the record, I don't care if you know the regulations or not. I cannot possibly fathom how people think drones are acceptable. Period. 

People once said that about cars, and trains, and airplanes, and computers, and well... Pretty much every revolutionizing piece of technology ever. 

So way to keep history going! I applaud you  

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply

Log In to Reply