Edelweiss Flashlight II Dry - 10mm x 60M - $100 shipped

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post
Bowen Campbell · · Encino, CA · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 0

The rope is lightly used and in great shape.  I purchased it new in 2013 when my kids were just starting to top rope.  Any "falls" are limited to catching my sub-60 lbs girls from a top rope set up.  The girls quickly graduated to more advance climbing so this rope has been sitting in my gear closet for the last couple years.  I always used a rope bag and used it as an opportunity to teach the girls not to needlessly step on it and grind it into the dirt.  I keep notes on all my gear, this is what I have for this rope: purch date 8/11/2013, ID Nb. 105 S005326211, 8.2 kN, UIAA rated for 6 falls.

The only reason I'm selling it is because I want to get a half rope set up and my wife keeps an eye on the gear purchases.  If I part with this rope it's like I'm only getting one "new" rope and one "replacement" rope with the halfs.  Ships from L.A.

Lardtazium · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 0

Off topic, sorry. 

When they say a rope is rated for X falls, is that a strict warning or just something there so they don't get sued?

Btw, I have this rope. It's a nice rope for the price. 

Blake Cazier · · duluth MN · Joined May 2010 · Points: 5

4 years old....  would you take 50 and I'll pay 10 of shipping?

Bowen Campbell · · Encino, CA · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 0
Lardtazium wrote:

Off topic, sorry. 

When they say a rope is rated for X falls, is that a strict warning or just something there so they don't get sued?

Btw, I have this rope. It's a nice rope for the price. 

https://www.mountainproject.com/forum/topic/106830260/uiaa-falls-to-actual-falls

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply